Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snyblom3504 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2015, 05:31 AM
    I'm starting a service business. What are the pro/cons to sole proprietership vs. LL
    I'm starting a service business. What are the pro/cons to sole proprietorship vs LLC? I know there is some liability protection of my personal assets in an LLC. Any other helpful hints?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 11, 2015, 10:29 AM
    The purpose of LLC, or any type of incorporation is to protect you from law suits. If the service you are providing can damage the customer if you screw up, you could lose everything. In fact that is what LLC stands for Limited Liability Corporation.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 11, 2015, 03:59 PM
    Depending on several factors, I might at least wait until 1/1/16.
    Starting out, alone, no employees, just file a 1040 as yourself d/b/a (if you chose a company name) or just yourself. Sch C and Sch SE and that's it. Maybe depreciation of equipment, or straight expense if it isn't expensive.
    Spend the rest of 2015 preparing for the LLC.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pro and cons of adding a name to home deed [ 1 Answers ]

What are the tax implications to any parties or future tax to adding daughters name to deed on house

Pro's and Cons to running away. [ 4 Answers ]

As it stands things in my life have been going the same way for as long as I can remember. I get screamed at for everything I do good or bad, I get gripped up and controlled by my father. +& my mother diagnoses herself with a new medical problem everyday. I really don't know what to do anymore I'm...

Starting a service repair business. [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking to start a small service repair company in Arizona, based out of my home (at first), and am not sure what is required to get started, i.e. license, bonded, insurance. Most of the work I do will be at the customers site throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area and potentially throughout...

Pro & cons of holding a mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

What are the pros and cons of holding a short term first private mortgage

Starting a Service Oriented Business in GA [ 4 Answers ]

To include pet-sitting, house sitting, in home check on elders, in home sick child care etc.. I am a retired registered nurse, still holding valid license. Do I need bonding and insurance to start this business. I only plan to give out flyers and business cards in my own subdivision to...

View more questions Search