Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 12, 2015, 07:48 AM
    I could also point out the struggles of non islamics on every other board here CD. What you dismiss as everyday life is most certainly a struggle for many others, no matter the religion, color, or location.

I get your point about theocracy though, if that is your point, and can only say that many in this country would love a theocracy here in America, as recent events have brought to light. The notion of a one religion nation that assimilates all others is hardly new to America.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 12, 2015, 08:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I could also point out the struggles of non islamics on every other board here CD. What you dismiss as everyday life is most certainly a struggle for many others, no matter the religion, color, or location.

I get your point about theocracy though, if that is your point, and can only say that many in this country would love a theocracy here in America, as recent events have brought to light. The notion of a one religion nation that assimilates all others is hardly new to America.

The struggles of everyday life as we assume it to be arent anywhere near the internal conflict of the muslim. For example most women dont have to struggle with the various choices they make as far as travel or what they wear. That struggle for the American woman is mostly about selfesteem and not about a religion.

When being asked to assimilate it is not about bending culture it is about playing nice with others while keeping your own self intact. It has to do with respect.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 12, 2015, 09:45 AM
    That's why I asked what was meant by what was the meaning of assimilation early on, and you seem to be the first to define it as such. Dominance of women by men can be seen in many cultures across the globe, not just with muslim women in the middle east, and not just exclusively against women by men either. Social class even in America causes much strife and conflicts.

Can Saudi Arabia and Syria be any worse than Russia and China? I doubt that seriously.

Can you really say American Muslims are not for the most part playing nice as they can under the circumstances? I think most "not playing nice" is the majority against the minority in almost every place in the world. Or the haves dominating the have NOTS.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2015, 03:24 PM
    When muslims are not in the ascendancy they "play nice" but when they dominate an area things change and they don't deal with the attitudes of their radicals. You have a realively small muslim community but I have seen the development here where you would not have seen a hijab to it being a common sight yet the number of muslims has not grown radically but they have become more radical.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a hindu religion marriage can be performed without any religion conversion? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a christian girl who would like to get married to a Hindu boy. My guy is not willing to get converted to Christianity by baptism but he's ready to become a member, will that be allowed?? I would like to know if it's possible to get married in a protestant church(AG). Is there any...

What are some similar in the newer religion and the older religion [ 2 Answers ]

What are some similar between the newer and older religions?

Divorce if still a refugee [ 1 Answers ]

A friend of mine came to Canada under refugee status along with his wife of 10yrs (also refugee along with him) and 2 kids. He found out when his wife got here that she had an affair, when she was still in the home country and he can't continue in the marriage due to the affair. Can he give her a...

Gender equality in religion in the islamic religion [ 0 Answers ]

Is there any gender equality in the muslim religion

View more questions Search