Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    99tajae Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2015, 01:41 PM
    Can I apply for a work permit while visiting canada
    Good day,

I have over three years experience being a caregiver for the elderly,also have

Certificates and Dipolma as a caregiver, I am currently visiting canada and have

Been offered a job as a caregiver. Can I get a work permit. Would appreciate your

Honest opinion.

Thank you

CV.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2015, 03:34 PM
    Nope... you will have to do all of that BEFORE you visit. And its not likely they will issue one.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Sep 11, 2015, 07:24 AM
    I am more optimistic as to Canada issuing you a work permit, but you need to get it done while you are OUTSIDE of the country. You're a tourist right now, not a labourer. You need to leave the country, apply for the work permit, then return. It seems like a bit of a run around, but that's life and bureaucracy.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 11, 2015, 01:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 99tajae View Post
    Good day,

I have over three years experience being a caregiver for the elderly,also have

Certificates and Dipolma as a caregiver, I am currently visiting canada and have

Been offered a job as a caregiver. Can I get a work permit. Would appreciate your

Honest opinion.

Thank you

CV.
    You will have to apply to immigration for this. The people who want to hire you have to apply as well. So, no, you can't just enter the country and get a work permit.

Also, if all of this works out for you, do not hand over your passport to your new employer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting a Work Permit while visiting Canada [ 23 Answers ]

If I enter Canada as a visitor and decide I want to stay and work, can I apply for a work permit while I'm in Canada, or do I have to return to the US and apply for the Work permit from the US. The same question goes for my boyfriend he would be entering Canada as a visitor from Mexico. I just...

The success rate on going to Canada on a visit and looking for work via work permit [ 0 Answers ]

I'm an American citizen and my fiancé is a citizen of Canada. I'm currently looking on sites for employment offers for a work permit to move up there but so far I'm not having any luck. How possible is it to drive over (I've flown into canada before) the border and get a 180 day stay and look for...

My I-130 was approved can I apply for a work permit? [ 1 Answers ]

My I-130 was approved. My wife filed the pettition on 01/02/10. I enter the country illegally and I'm still living here. Can I apply for a work permit while the national visa department processes the affidavit of support and the visa petition? And what should I do?

Can I get a study permit while visiting canada. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, Will I be able to apply for study permit while on a visit visa in canada??

J-1 to canada work permit [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have j-1 visa I am still in USA can I apply for canada work permit... its legal. or I have to complete my internship in the USA

View more questions Search