Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kalenmcgruder Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2015, 06:15 PM
    Does high blood pressure cause one to sleep a lot?
    Has high blood pressure and high cholesterol and sleeps too much. Does the sleeping have anything to with blood pressure?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 8, 2015, 07:10 PM
    No. High blood pressure is silent. The meds, however, could be causing the problem. What medications are you on for this?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 8, 2015, 07:22 PM
    Mine can go over 225 at times and I feel like utter crap.
    (Have to lower it with diet, not drugs. They have all caused horrible coughing so far.)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 9, 2015, 02:08 AM
    In all things, it is relative, How high is it?

But yes the drugs you take can cause sleeping, sex and other issues.

Also, when I used to be on some of them. (not on them for 3 years after my change of diet and exercise) But I had to change them every 4 to 6 months due to coughing also.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 9, 2015, 02:18 AM
    A type of blood pressure meds called ACE Inhibitors can cause a cough in some people. Not all blood pressure meds causes this, there are other meds that don't have this side effect. A change in diet is good, but doesn't eliminate increased BP for everyone. I, for one, changed my diet and list almost 40 pounds, but still have high blood pressure.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 9, 2015, 09:49 AM
    The 2 that caused coughing in me (intense and right away - it's a sign that your kidneys can't excrete the kinins (byproducts) so they end up in the lungs) were Lisinopril, an ACE inhibitor, and Norvasc, a calcium channel blocker. Lisinopril was much worse, but I took it for 3 weeks, and Norvasc for only 6 days.
    prostateseed Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2016, 12:00 AM
    Blood pressure levels rise naturally and fall into a circular pattern throughout the day. They tend to peak in the middle of the afternoon, and reach their lowest points in the middle of the night during their deep sleep. Now in this study, participants with sleep restriction recorded an average of 115/64 mm Hg at night, while their well rested counterparts recorded an average of 105/57 mm Hg. In addition to confirming that inadequate sleep limited the predicted decrease in blood pressure with these figures, the experiment revealed a higher nocturnal heart rate in subjects with sleep deprivation than those who experienced normal sleep.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

High blood pressure [ 2 Answers ]

I ran out of medicine for my high blood pressure two days ago, the doctor won't refill my script until I go see her I can't go see her soon enough. My blood pressure is really high. What should I do?

High Blood Pressure [ 1 Answers ]

My blood pressure has been high all day from 195/100 to 181/110 I'm female & I'm 46yrs old I'm on lysinopril. Should I go to the er... what could happened?

I loose a lot of blood and pass really big blood clots and in a lot of pain [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I am 33 year old woman who has went through 2 child births and ever since I had my second child I have been having real bad periods. But this month it is very different I am in a lot of pain and passing a lot of big blood clots and I am losing a lot of blood! I have tried to take a luke warm...

High Blood Pressure [ 7 Answers ]

Hello My boyfriend has high blood pressure and is very tired all the time. Is this normal?

Low water pressure causing high blood pressure [ 1 Answers ]

I have low or no hot water pressure to the downstairs bathroom. I've replaced the cartridges, valves and hot water heater, still no pressure... help.

View more questions Search