Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FennyK Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2015, 08:38 AM
    For 5471 - foreign corporation's annual accounting period
    I am US citizen, and own more than 50% of share of a Pvt Ltd company in India. I need to fill out Form 5471. In India Tax Period is April to March. So, when I fill out Form 5471 for year 2014, for which of the following accounting period of numbers I need to add for the foreign corporation. In form 5471, it is mentioned that (tax year required by section 898).
    -April 1 2013 to March 31 2014
    -April 1 2014 to March 31 2015
    -Jan 1 2014 to Dec 31 2014
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Sep 9, 2015, 05:35 AM
    April 1 2013 to March 31 2014. " Except for information contained on Schedule O, report information for the tax year of the foreign corporation that ends with or within your tax year." See http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i5471.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foreign Pension Plans and Annual Accretions [ 2 Answers ]

Mr X lives in country Y and pays tax on the annual accretions in the plan for 20 years, Mr X is transferred to the US to work. Does his US tax basis include those annual accretions he paid tax on. Logic says that it does, but I cannot find anything on point that states that. Does anyone know of a...

Accounting : partnership and corporation [ 0 Answers ]

Investments A - 100 B - 200 C - 100 Drawings A - 25000 B - 40000 C - 30000 Sales - 550000

Analyzing Annual Report for Target Corporation [ 0 Answers ]

There are four questions that were assigned to students. I have responded to all questions. I need an expert to help ensure that I have answered the correctly. I am attaching my paper for your review. I would appreciate any comments and/or suggestions to help make this a better paper.

You have just taken over the accounting for Choi Enterprises, whose annual accounting [ 1 Answers ]

You have just taken over the accounting for Choi Enterprises, whose annual accounting period ends December 31. The company’s previous accountant journalized its transactions through December 15 And posted all items that required posting as individual amounts (see the journals and ledgers in the...

View more questions Search