Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Sep 7, 2015, 11:44 AM
    Chlorine water near vegetable garden.
    Our neighbor pumps their pool water overflow to an area within 5-10 feet of our vegetable garden. Should we concerned about chlorine in our soil and possibly our vegetables?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 7, 2015, 12:17 PM
    Which side of the grade are you on? CHlorine usually evaporates into the air as a gas withing 24 hours. Does the water pool into your garden ?

Sep 7, 2015, 12:28 PM
    No, it doesn't really pool. It is on their side of the fence, but the soil on our side is frequently damp solely because of their pool water. I was hoping a lot of it would evaporate. Wasn't sure if anyone else has ever dealt with this before.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2015, 02:04 PM
    Chlorine levels are in the PPM level. Nascent chlorine will evaporate. You may get some chloride ions but that is the same a table salt. It will not migrate into the plants.

Sep 7, 2015, 02:21 PM
    Good to know. Thanks guys.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2015, 02:17 PM
    I used the term "Nascent" Chlorine (Cl-) and in this particular case it would be CL2 not CL-. Doesn't make any real difference here, however.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 8, 2015, 05:47 PM
    Is the grass living where he pumps his pool? Chances are very slim it will harm your garden

Sep 8, 2015, 06:02 PM
    It seemed a bit mossier there before we tilled up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to start a vegetable garden [ 3 Answers ]

How to prepare soil for planting and what are the most versatile plants to grow during Spring and Summer? The planting area is small.

Soil hardening in my vegetable garden [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have been preparing my vegetable garden for planting my vegies, I have tilled the soil ,added black earth soil,and compost.still the soil seems to harden. Any suggestions on what I should do to help keep the soil softer? Thanks to all

Grass in my Vegetable Garden [ 3 Answers ]

Every year I add cow manure and peat to my vegetable garden and then till the soil until it is well mixed and soft. For the last two years we have had a lot of grass growning in the garden. It is now May and the grass in the garden is growing like mad. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting...

Vegetable garden with underground electric lines in my yard [ 5 Answers ]

The electric supply to our house is buried underground from the pole to the house. There is a nice spot in the yard that gets full sun that I'd like to develop into a vegetable garden like tomatoes and salad greens etc. I know I can dig near the buried cable obviously but how far away from it...

View more questions Search