Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nrd0jpr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2015, 02:34 AM
    Liver function test
    I gone through LFT and my sgpt sgot results are 45 n 79 respectively. I drink alcohol daily. Are these result harmful for liver. All other results are normal in range.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 7, 2015, 04:22 AM
    Drinking alcohol every day is harmful to the liver.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 7, 2015, 05:37 AM
    If the ranges in your part of the world are like in mine, the US, those are out of range and high, which you are aware of. (SGPT and SGOT are now called ALT and AST here)

So of course this isn't good news about your liver.

Many people can tolerate and even benefit from 2 beers or 2 glasses of wine a day. But you have to cut out all alcohol, and change your diet too.

How much were you drinking, of what kind?
    What symptoms do you have that prompted you to have tests done?
    Have you contacted the doctor who ordered the tests since you got the results?
    Are you on any medications?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Liver Function Test [ 5 Answers ]

Does the ALT Range 7 to 55 And the AST range 8-48 Seem correct. Women had a reading of Alt 30 AST 38

Passing a Liver Function Test [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have to pass a liver function test in order to remain in good standing while on probation. I am 6'8", 270lbs, 25 years old and drink fairly heavily twice a week, abstaining the other five days. I work out a lot. My test is scheduled for 3 weeks from now. If I stop drinking now, will I...

I need to have a liver function test to get my license back. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi.I'm 6 foot tall,weigh 80 kgs and usually drink fairly heavily.I've been sobour for a week and have been drinking a lot of water.could you please tell me how long I need to wait for my body to deliver a clean test.thank you.

How long I should abstain from smoking before a liver function test [ 0 Answers ]

Can you tell me how long I should abstain from smoking cigarettes before taking a liver function test so it will not interfere with the enzyme levels?

Liver function count very high [ 1 Answers ]

My mother is an alcoholic, although she doesn't admit to it. Doctor sent her for a liver function test. Test showed a count of 1 075. Is this very high? What is a normal liver count? What are the dangers involved?

View more questions Search