Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shatha Tarawneh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2015, 01:41 PM
    How do I get a grant for my bakery business?
    How do I get a grant for my business which includes a bakery , pastry and ice cream making business?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 6, 2015, 01:43 PM
    Have you opened up yet, or is this in the planning stage?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2015, 01:49 PM
    What kind of grant do you think you are qualified for, and under what situation. Most people have to borrow money any way they can if they haven't saved enough to open a business.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2015, 05:44 PM
    A grant is a free money source without payback-we got a grant from the Atlanta Food Bank for a truck so we could distribute food to the needy. We got the truck and new freezers. The federal government doesn't provide grants for any of the following activities:starting and expanding a business,paying off debt,covering operational expenses. However the federal government does award grants to small businesses in certain fields and industries (for example, scientific, environmental, and medical research). The Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program, for example, is one of the most lucrative sources of federal grants for high-tech startups or high-growth firms. You may find local govt's. do grants to get people to open businesses in depressed areas, typically urban.

So, unless you qualify under these conditions, you will need a loan.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 6, 2015, 06:07 PM
    Since this is an international site, where is your business located?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 7, 2015, 05:47 AM
    And in America, some areas have local grants (or tax breaks) if you move your business into a minority or economic depressed area and will hire a number of workers.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 7, 2015, 06:49 AM
    I don't know of any grants. A grant is a gift, free money. Businesses don't get them, period. They get loans and tax breaks. Start with SBA. If you are a woman and or a minority, they have loans for each/both, but you have to prove yourself first, have a solid plan, and some money of your own.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Business plan for bakery [ 1 Answers ]

What are the introductions of bakery

Bakery business [ 2 Answers ]

How much Capital will be required to start a bakery business

Bakery business movie? [ 0 Answers ]

Someone told me about a movie that was about a family that ran a bakery from their basement then the business took off into a big company. She thought it had Danny DeVito in it but I have had no luck Googling it.

Starting a cookie business/bakery [ 3 Answers ]

Hello! I am an American citizen living in Athens, Greece. I have always wanted my own bakery/coffee shop. I feel that I haven't really done what I have really wanted to do in life. I think it's time to chase my dream. What I would love is to have my own cookie business and/or bakery/coffee shop....

Starting a home bakery business [ 6 Answers ]

I'm trying to do a research for my wife who is trying to start a bakery business at home. She wants to start selling to friends and families. Someone mentioned she might needs a license of some kind to sell to strangers. I'm not exactly sure how this work. Can anyone tell me what she will need to...

View more questions Search