Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Donna white Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2015, 06:54 AM
    Roof over dorner drips watee
    The roof over a small dormer on my house drips enough condensation outside to create a noticeable puddle. What is wrong?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2015, 10:37 AM
    Outside and not inside? May be nothing wrong. It could be just water from surface condensation. Temperature reaches the dew point and dew forms on the roof surface. This is quite noticeable in the south, most cool morning I have enough water that it comes down my gutter and spout. The Atlanta newspaper heading used to be "Covers Dixie like the dew".
    Donna white Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2015, 03:47 PM
    Well that is good to hear... I am in New York and it seems to come from a small dormer roof in only one area... but its actually creating a puddle on and around my deck steps. No other area of house has the issue... thats why I was wondering if it has anything to do with roof venting... that area of house is cathedral inside... the rest of the roof is vented. Also, the main floor room under that room is air conditioned... No water inside though, just outside. That's alott of condensation! Thanks for your help!
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2015, 05:20 PM
    Could be an insulation issue too. Low insulation makes the roof cooler and condensation occurs. Cathedral ceilings are typically ridge vented, at least mine is. There is no gutter?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

50% damage to your roof > Is insurance required to pay for a roof? [ 2 Answers ]

The insurance company told me I have 50% damage. I have heard 50% damage = a new roof

I think my 17 year old cat had a stroke and she's been drinking lots of watee [ 7 Answers ]

My 17 year old was asleep then next min she got up and her head was tilted to one side and she was walking all over the place with her legs crossing over each over, she's been drinking lots off water too, I have been to the vets and told me to come back tomorrow for some blood test the vet thinks...

My roof has a layer of ice building on the inside of the roof,I'm wondering why? [ 3 Answers ]

Weeks.would love to here if this has happin to anyone.. I am new to this fourm...

I am building a truss roof over a flat roof.the size is 9'wx9'd.where do I begin this [ 2 Answers ]

I am building a gable roof over a flat roof at our church.It is 9'wx9'l.How do I determine the height of the center rafter?

Small roof to protect heat pump from snow off metal roof [ 5 Answers ]

We are getting a metal roof put on our old house. This means that the snow will slide off and land onto our air source heat pump. We need to construct a small roof to protect it. We were thinking of extending the 2 x 6 roof rafters another 4 feet and then having 2 x6 or 4 x 4's going back to the...

View more questions Search