wiliee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2015, 04:15 PM
    Have john deere d100 won't start with key but can jump across solenoid
    Have john deere d100 won't start with key but can jump across solenoid
    Replaced solenoid didn't help
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2015, 04:55 PM
    If it starts with jumping the solenoid but not with the key, I'd jump the ignition switch. If it then starts you have a bad ignition switch. If it doesn't start jumping the switch, you have a bad wire to the lock. Start checking voltage at different points.
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2015, 06:56 AM
    Check brake switch , left side under dash .
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Sep 9, 2015, 12:57 AM
    Hi,
    Most failed parts are the solenoid and key switch. Just things to think about.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    grinhart Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2018, 12:39 PM
    Checked brake switch, rio switch, seat switch, no juice to solenoid. If I cross it or put 12 volts to spades on solenoid it starts and runs great

Does someone out there have a simple answer. Put stabile in gas ran it put in garage and put on trickle charge. Took out this spring would not start, no juice. Well got new battery and crossed solenoid, only way it started unless I pull the two leads off solenoid and put 12 volts on them

CHANGED THE IGNITION SWITCH WITH BRAND NEW JOHN DEERE OEM IS. NO DIFFERENCE.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2018, 03:59 PM
    Check your safety lockouts like the switch on the seat, etc..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John Deere L110 won't start, but not a solenoid issue [ 3 Answers ]

I have a John Deere L110 that won't start. It will crank just fine, but won't fire. There isn't any gas flowing. What makes the gas flow from the tank? sjquinn4109

John deere 304 lawn tractor won't start after jump start [ 0 Answers ]

My 304 started up at the first jump, and I proceeded to remove the jumper cables, and it immediately stopped running. Reconnected the cables, now it turns over but will not start. I can smell gas, tractor is 2 yrs old. What did I zap when I jumped it?

My john deere r72 won't start. There are several safety switches unhooked at solenoid. [ 3 Answers ]

Need a wiring diagram for the correct placement of wires on the solenoid. All safety switches have been disconnect by previous owner and now can't even get solenoid to click.

Tractor won't start with key - but I can jump starter to start [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a used Ford 1210 compact tractor and it will not start with the key. I replaced the switch and still no luck. Tested the safety switch & wire that goes to the starter and both are in good order (verified with ohm meter). When I try to start with the key, the lights dim some so I can see...

John Deere L110 Clicking sound on start - new solenoid, still clicking! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I cut my lawn, engine was running for about 2 hours. Stopped at neighbors house, cold beer, go to restart, just a clicking sound. Thought battery was dead, did a quick check, good voltage, hooked it up to a charger, good amps. Still clicking. I figure it's the solenoid, picked one up...

View more questions Search