Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cr8203 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2015, 02:14 PM
    Scheduled C-Section without doctor privleges?
    Can I have a scheduled C-Section at a hospital my doctor doesn't have privileges at and have a different doctor do the surgery? If so, how do I go about scheduling the surgery with the hospital?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2015, 02:37 PM
    Talk to the doctor doing it...but first make sure your insurance will accept that hospital and that doctor before you do, and you have any referrals if needed.. Or you might be in for a rude surprise when you get the bill.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 5, 2015, 02:53 PM
    No, you can't. It is the doctor's office who schedules the C Sexyion with the hospital. If your doctor doesn't have privileges at that hospital his office cannot schedule the section.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 6, 2015, 12:49 AM
    Your doctor could refer you to another doctor, but in that case, you would basically be changing doctors.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am 39 weeks with a breech baby and scheduled for a c section [ 1 Answers ]

I went to get up to use the bathroom and this clear slimy stuff came out of me. If I get up it starts to leak out what could this be

Not entitled to Sick Pay because Doctor's appointments were scheduled. [ 1 Answers ]

I am having a problem with my employer paying me sick pay because I prescheduled the doctor's appointment. I made two doctors appointments for 10/28/10. The first appointment was with an endocrinologist for a check up on my Addison's Disease. The second appointment was with my OB/GYN for a...

Can Pa. Stop my Calif. Driving privleges after 23plus yrs. [ 4 Answers ]

I resently sent in my California drivers license renewal check and received a letter back telling me my driving privleges were suppended or revoked in PA. After retriveing a file number for PA to locate the file They informed me I owed them a 1yr 3mo. Driving suppention, because my license was...

View more questions Search