Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lukasallen52709 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2015, 07:48 PM
    Scaby ear
    Earlier this week the inside of my ear canal started hurting and was getting scabby and when I wake up my inner ear is really itchy but as the week went on its been hurting more and more and I wear ear plugs at work and clean ones every day and it hurt to put them in if tried to moisturize it with baby oil on q tip and tapping it on tender area its right on the In side of ear canal wear ear plugs would sit
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Sep 4, 2015, 07:52 PM
    I'm going to assume you haven't seen a medical professional. Isn't your hearing important to you? I'd have my ear checked right away.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 5, 2015, 02:33 AM
    If ear plugs are needed on the job, your employer should send you to a doctor.
    If by 'clean ones every day' you mean you wash used ones, it sounds like you got an infection from either fungus or bacteria that grew on the damp used ones.
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Sep 5, 2015, 06:10 AM
    You could also be allergic to the material of which the ear plugs are made of.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Revolution ear ointment given as a preventive for ear mites in guinea pigs [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I took my Guinea pig which I bouight from Petco... big mistake because at the time I did not know that there are so many rescue shelters that have guinea pigs who need homes... so anyway I had the guinea pig for less than than 2 weeks and I had him in my lap and started to look at his ears just...

I developed an ear ache at about 3pm today. It shoots pain through my ear. [ 4 Answers ]

The pain shoots through my ear and down my neck and into my shoulder. Is this something to worry about or just take 2 asprin and call the doctor if it does not go away?

Liquid in middle ear caused by shower spray directly in ear. [ 2 Answers ]

I sprayed the shower spray in my ears. The result is I have liquid in my middle ear. I have lost some of my hearing in both ears. I am now using a nose spray prescribed by the doctor. Has anyone else ever done this stupid thing and does anyone know what the outcome might be? Ty ...

I have ear ache in one ear and am a bit deaf in this ear [ 2 Answers ]

Two days ago I awoke with a very painful ear ache. When I push my finger into the opening of my ear hard, I can feel a lump but this is actually in the ear passage and not a spot or pimple but feels like it is blocking the opening to my inner ear. It is sore and also the next morning I was and...

View more questions Search