Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sillybubblegum Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2015, 06:27 PM
    Middle ages & modern liberal philosophy
    I'm doing a paper from school, and I need at least 3 different peoples' opinions on this question: "How much influence do you think the Middle Ages had on modern philosophy?"

By the way, my name's Alyssa and I'm new to AskMeHelpDesk.com! :-)
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 3, 2015, 07:11 PM
    Welcome to AMHD.

The middle ages was also known as the dark ages. Much of which was ruled by tyrants and the church. Opinion not following the churches position were banned to the underground.

Having said that the influence of philosophy wasnt what you would expect from an era that sprang forth many ideas that still work today. Most of which was underground knowlage and spoken only behind closed doors.

My opinion is that it didnt influence philosophy of the modern age much as it wasnt allowed to flourish openly among the great thinkers of the time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I match ohms & amp; watts with a bass amp head and amp; speakers? [ 0 Answers ]

I need to shop for new speaker(s) to use with an amp head that I have and want to know what to look for in specs of watts and ohms so that I don't blow up or fry anything. My head's specs say "120 VAC, 60 Hz, 600 Watts" and under the Biamp (Low/A, High/B) Speaker Output jacks it says "4 Ohm Min....

What is the similarities between philosophy & science [ 9 Answers ]

What is the similarities between philosophy & science

Can a 150 amp meter panal handel a 100 amp, 40 amp, 30 amp and 30 amp brakers. [ 2 Answers ]

My meter panal is a 150amp panal. I have a 60 amp sub panal coming off it a 30amp to my stove a 30 to dryer and a 40 to the a/c. i want to upgrade the 60 amp sub panal to a 100 amp panal. Will the 150 amp meter panal handel it or do i need to have a 200 amp meter panal installed

Early Modern Philosophy Paper Topic [ 2 Answers ]

Need some guidance in narrowing a topic/focusing my paper- I'm taking an early mod. Philosophy course, and need to come up with a term paper topic. I'd like to write something about the role of God in Descartes metaphysics- or the role of God in Descartes approach to epistemology. From what I...

View more questions Search