Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1stewart Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2015, 12:33 PM
    Installed new pressure balanced moen 1225 cartridge won't regulate temp as water is
    Installed a new moen 1225 cartridge as the old one had seized and was not pressure balancing. New cartridge installed smoothly but when toilet flushes anywhere in house shower occupant gets scalded still won't pressure balance?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 5, 2015, 09:05 AM
    Question, what type and size are the water pipes? What is the house P.S.I. This sounds like more of a piping problem rather than a cartridge problem. Back to you , Tom
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Sep 5, 2015, 09:24 AM
    Problem is with pressure balancing valve, not the cartridge.

See this parts break down.

https://www.moen.com/shared/docs/exp...ews/3170pt.pdf

Call 1-800-BUY-Moen with model number and request an new pressure balancing spool.
    Warranted for life.
    You could try soaking old one in vinegar to remove mineral deposits.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I replaced my moen 1225 cartridge and now I get no water [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced my Moen faucet cartridge (kitchen w/ a 1225 replacement cartridge) and now instead of just no hot water I get no water at all I went back and did everything again following the video instructions from Moen and still no water HELP.

Getting my replacement Moen 1225 cartridge to work correctly [ 4 Answers ]

I just replaced my Moen 1225 cartridge in a bathroom faucet and followed the instructions. Once it was installed, the stem and the handle would not stop rotating - spinning freely with no "off" stopping. It seems the entire cartridge turns when the stem and handle are re-installed. Does anyone...

After replacing Moen cartridge, still little water pressure, how can I fix? [ 13 Answers ]

After some hot water heater problems, I got no water pressure in the tub/shower. I replaced the cartridge (one an knock off that slides real easy and when that did not work I used a 'genuine Moen replacement part') Both to no avail. I still get very little water pressure. I called Moen and they...

Just installed a new moen positemp mixer and my water pressure is little to non [ 5 Answers ]

Just installed a new moen positemp mixer and my water pressure is little to non,I am only using cold water as I have no hot water installed yet. When I pull the cartridge out water gushes out the brass fixture, I insert the cartridge again and water pressure disappears.

Moen posi-temp no water pressure [ 0 Answers ]

My Moen posi-temp cartridge was faulty so I replaced it. When I reassembled it, I could not get the clip back in, so I went back to the store and got it replaced. I still had the same problem. The original was 10 years old, so I figured it had changed slightly so I dremeled a small groove in each...

View more questions Search