Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2015, 07:14 AM
    So what has happened here is the fight has been reignited because someone doesn't accept the Supreme Court decision. I still say the place for consciencous objection lies in resignation
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 6, 2015, 07:16 AM
    So do I but who can resist the money and attention.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2015, 08:29 AM
    The court felt a need to prove a point and used this situation with a county clerk to do so. Other options were available besides jail time. And yes, she could have followed other options as well.

Times are certainly changing... it wasn't that long ago when the first amendment was valued enough for allowances to be made for those who objected going to war due to their religious beliefs.

Even several years ago, while not due to religious beliefs but their own views, a few high ranking officials defied laws in their states that were against same sex marriage by requiring licenses be issued. Interestingly, no one went to jail for not following the law.

More and more of these same issues, and others, will be seen as society continues to move in a different direction. It will be interesting to see the results as clashes occur in schools and elsewhere.

Already changes in a number of universities which some welcome and others are left wondering how far will things go before there is either acceptance or a backlash, are being seen.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 6, 2015, 08:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC View Post
    The court felt a need to prove a point and used this situation with a county clerk to do so. Other options were available besides jail time. And yes, she could have followed other options as well.

Times are certainly changing... it wasn't that long ago when the first amendment was valued enough for allowances to be made for those who objected going to war due to their religious beliefs.

Even several years ago, while not due to religious beliefs but their own views, a few high ranking officials defied laws in their states that were against same sex marriage by requiring licenses be issued. Interestingly, no one went to jail for not following the law.

More and more of these same issues, and others, will be seen as society continues to move in a different direction. It will be interesting to see the results as clashes occur in schools and elsewhere.

Already changes in a number of universities which some welcome and others are left wondering how far will things go before there is either acceptance or a backlash, are being seen.
    The backlash has already begun. Some students just arent putting up with it. The "tolerent" ones are nothing but that. They preach it every day and yet seek to destroy all oposition at all costs to get their way. It is a strange world that we live in. It is no wonder that the once great America is becoming the laughing stock of the world as we are destroying ourselves from the inside.

150 students walk out of class in protest over transgender student using girls' locker room
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2015, 03:24 PM
    This is the price of "freedom" and PC, the lines have become blurred, and the moral base of the society decayed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The icici bank account held by my father and me jointly has been held. What to do [ 7 Answers ]

My father and I have a joint account in icici bank. All the money in the account is of my father. I had defaulted in icici credit card. The icici bank has held the account. What my father can do?

Jail clerk [ 3 Answers ]

What are the duties of a clerk that work inside the jail

Being Held in Contempt [ 1 Answers ]

What happens if the judge holds you in contempt for violating a court order? Please let me know asap.

View more questions Search