Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    john1992 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2015, 03:40 AM
    Can she be pregnant after 3 periods and negative HPT?
    My girlfriend and I had protected sex with a condom that broke. I didn't finish inside her but there was some pre-. That was 3 moths ago. Since then she had 3 normal periods (in length and flow) and done 3 HPT. All HPT were negative (last one was taken about 2 weeks ago). In past 2 weeks I have noticed that she has gained some weight and that she is eating a lot. There are some skin marks on her back (but she says it's from sun). Also her boobs looks and feels bigger (but she just got off period). Can she be pregnant despite having a normal period and negative HPT?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 3, 2015, 03:49 AM
    No, she could not be pregnant from that sex time. If you have had other sex, (even with a condom) there are many condom failures that can not be seen. Condoms have a 3 to 18 percent failure rate.

So if you had sex again, last month for example, she could be pregnant from that.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Sep 3, 2015, 07:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by john1992 View Post
    My girlfriend and I had protected sex with a condom that broke. I didn't finish inside her but there was some pre-. That was 3 moths ago. Since then she had 3 normal periods (in length and flow) and done 3 HPT. All HPT were negative (last one was taken about 2 weeks ago). In past 2 weeks I have noticed that she has gained some weight and that she is eating a lot. There are some skin marks on her back (but she says it's from sun). Also her boobs looks and feels bigger (but she just got off period). Can she be pregnant despite having a normal period and negative HPT?
    To be simple. No. A normal period indicates no pregnancy. Some women will bleed while pregnant and for the first little bit assume that this is their period. The chances of being pregnant though, considering the several negative HPTs is almost nil.

To be blunt. She's just gaining weight. It happens to all of us.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Sep 3, 2015, 11:45 AM
    FYI: Women's bodies change CONSTANTLY. Each month we gain and loose weight and breasts feel and look differently.

I may be wrong, but you sound very young and inexperienced. A period would almost certainly mean she's not pregnant. A negative HPT on top of that is further proof. Three months passing with both period and negative HPT is a definite sign she's not pregnant.

Consider more reliable birth control, such as oral contraceptives in addition to condoms and stop using HPTs unless she actually misses a period

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Periods late by 20 days. HPT negative. Could I still be pregnant? [ 12 Answers ]

Hey guys sooo my AF has been delayed by 20 days and I took a HPT last night which came out to be negative. I have a 30 days cycle so I waited for three weeks before I took the HPT. Are there any chances of me being pregnant. I have been having severe nausea and puked for the first time today. Am a...

Missed periods, negative HPT's, spotting on and off. [ 0 Answers ]

My menstrual cycle has always been regular besides when I have been pregnant or stopped taking the Contraceptive Pill. I stopped taking the CP months ago and my MC returned to normal within months, up until 3 months ago. Within a month of my last MC I was having symptoms as I did with the start...

2 Months Skip in periods & Negative HPT [ 3 Answers ]

Hello.. I haven't got my periods for 2 cycles. (Skipped Dec 30 and Jan 30 period). 4 HPT's done during this duration and got Negative HPT. Haven't heard any late periods like this till today. I don't have any Pregnancy signs other than getting tired of my usual work. Feeling a bit lazy to...

Periods 14 days late and HPT negative. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm 25 years old. My periods were due on 18th of this month. I had unsafe sex on 8th. Did HPT after 10 days till was negative. Again did it on 14th day still negative. I don't have any symptoms of pregrancy like swolen break, tiredness or any other. My periods were regaular for the past years....

Missed periods two hpt's negative [ 1 Answers ]

My period cycle is between 32 to 35 days and my last normal period was on April 14 and on may 18 I feel like I am going to get my periods and I checked and very little pink spot was there when I wipe myself and than there was not any bleeding but having cramps in stomach,and this thing remain for 3...

View more questions Search