Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    commitment Posts: 65, Reputation: 4

Sep 1, 2015, 07:19 AM
    My daughter keeps saying I sound like a mosquito when I talk.
    And I feel she's taking the mickey out of me, she'll be 18 tomorrow and I was going to give her 30 euros, but I'm having second thoughts, what would you do in that case?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 1, 2015, 12:30 PM
    Has anyone else mentioned that your voice sounds alittle off? If not and it seems only to be your daughter then it raises a red flag. She may have ear damage that is blocking certain frequencies.

You need to get to the bottom of this and find out if it is serious or just some sort of joke.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 1, 2015, 04:27 PM
    She is just taking the Mickey out of you mom. Give her the 30 and a big kiss!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2015, 04:40 PM
    I think cdad has a good point... I couple years ago I had a sudden loss of hearing at certain frequencies out of one ear... that almost mimicked Meniere's Disease except it was the polar opposite of how that effecting the hearing range. It cleared up within a month after a through testing and treatment.

So it actually is possible , or she might be pulling your leg... unless its some sort of a local slang I'm not familiar with..because I have never heard the quote "taking the mickey out of you" in my part of the world.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 1, 2015, 04:52 PM
    She's being as mean as she can be. She's saying you talk too much and whine and drone. No money for her! Save it for the day you have to throw her out.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 1, 2015, 05:13 PM
    It seems to me you are a bit confused over whether your daughter is insulting you or making an observation. Have you asked her what she means when she says you sound like a mosquito? Is this something that she recently started saying?

How is your relationship with her? Is she usually cheeky with you? Do you feel that you are saying the same things over and over again to the point where she isn't paying attention to words just to the sound?

Have you had health issues that might be affecting your voice? Has your daughter had health issues that might be affecting her hearing?

The 30 euros sounds like it was supposed to be her birthday present. Were you planning on talking to her about withholding her birthday present because you think she is insulting you? If you withhold the money, are you planning to give her a different gift?

Perhaps it is time to treat her like the adult that an 18 year old is supposed to be and talk with her. Decide what to do after the talk. But if you decide to withhold the present, then explain why.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 2, 2015, 02:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    I think cdad has a good point... I couple years ago I had a sudden loss of hearing at certain frequencies out of one ear... that almost mimicked Meniere's Disease except it was the polar opposite of how that effecting the hearing range. It cleared up within a month after a through testing and treatment.

So it actually is possible , or she might be pulling your leg... unless its some sort of a local slang I'm not familiar with..because I have never heard the quote "taking the mickey out of you" in my part of the world.
    smoothy, 'taking the Mickey out' is a Brit saying meaning playing a trick, or trying to fool someone.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 2, 2015, 05:50 AM
    Give her the 30 euros you intended and stop tripping over this issue. It's so trivial unless it's part of a long standing pattern of disrespect from your daughter aimed at you.

Is it?
    commitment Posts: 65, Reputation: 4

Sep 11, 2015, 03:23 AM
    Thank you so much guys for your help,actually we are usually very bonded but sometimes she tends to tease me ,I gave her the birthdy money because her birthday has passed now, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by commitment View Post
    Thank you so much guys for your help,actually we are usually very bonded but sometimes she tends to tease me ,I gave her the birthdy money because her birthday has passed now, thanks
    If any one needs any help please let e know , thanks again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sing me up sing me up higher. I'm a hot berry pie blown away byFind Song Name Lyrics [ 0 Answers ]

Name of the song that contains these lyrics:here comes my old friend the bluebird. Sing me up sing me up higher. I'm a hot berry pie blown away by desire, I'm headed for the mountains

My great uncle was a sing sing prisoner in 1940 [ 3 Answers ]

My great uncle was a prisoner back in 1940 according to the 1940 census. I live in FL and do not know where he was originally arrested or convicted. How do I find records telling me what he was in for and for how long? Seems our family is just full of secrets and I am left to research on my own...

None payment of child support can daughter get him to sing his rights away as a fathe [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter and her husband divorced in Nov. he left here and the 2 children to live with another woman in Aug. He has now moved from Ark. To TX and says that he can't pay $105.00 a week for support and she suggested that he sign his rights away and he wants to, so how do they do that with a...

I Sound Drunk When I Talk [ 2 Answers ]

I changed new telephone providers, and today, I installed new voice mail. Well... I sounded drunk on my recorded greeting, it was terrible. I re-recorded the message, and it was better. However, I was shocked at what I sounded like... slow and labored and... I wonder why; what are some...

Hissing sound when I talk [ 1 Answers ]

I have been wearing new upper dentures for approx. 2 months and it feels too big for my mouth. Also, I feel that I am talking with a hissing sound, like I have a mouth full of saliva which I do not. What can I do about this or is this only temporary? When I am talking I can tell people are looking...

View more questions Search