Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sky2627 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2015, 09:47 PM
    SSI SSDI SCAM! Help please!
    I WAS AWARDED A FULLY FAVORABLEMLETTER FROMMTHE JUDGE FOR,SSI,SSDI. I was,advised to get a lump,sum and my ssi payments would be $711.00 per month plus the three back pay totaling $26,000.00. I,have all,the letters. Then one week before my monthly payments began I get a letter that they overpayed me over $18,000. And my monthly ssi payment is now $43.00 per month. I have not even gotten all my back pay. I used the 15,000.00 as they advised me to pay my property taxes as it had to be used within 30 days.how can I support myself and two small children on $43.00 per month much less $711.00. They gave some lame excuse as I became severely disabled and had to go home n TANF AND I MUST PAY TANF BACK.'I ASKED IN MY SSDI MEETING IF MY TANF AFFECTED MY LUMP,SUM OR MONTHLY SSDI PAYMENT.she said,NOT A,CHANCE! Now it says I am on ssi but I filed for SSDI AND THIS IS WHAT MY COURT PAPER,SAYS. They paid my lawyerm$6,000! I have faxed all the papers to my lawyer and I only have 10'days to appeal but this is tomorrow and I just got the letter two days ago! What am I to do?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 31, 2015, 11:05 PM
    You appeal, and sit down with your lawyer to explain.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ssdi/ssi [ 1 Answers ]

My son receives ssi, I just won my ssdi case. He received 2 award letters, one saying his ssi will not be change and the other saying he will receive x amount for my ssdi. Could this be an error??

Ssi and ssdi for income [ 2 Answers ]

My ex gets ssi and ssdi but the ssdi is only counted as income for child support is that correct?

Can You Receive SSI Every Month And Still Get SSDI? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am disabled and I receive an ssi check(623.00) a month.I have 4 kids. I worked some(not long) when I was a teenager.I am 26 years old and I was wondering if I qualify to receive SSDI.I need so much help with funds in this family.Two of my children have been diagnosed with a disability.One of...

Ssi and ssdi [ 6 Answers ]

I would like to know if a privet person sue you when you are on ssi and ssdi thank you

Ssi&ssdi [ 2 Answers ]

I like to know if you are on ssiand ssdi can some one sue you and to hold are checks thank you

View more questions Search