Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hippiefeet Posts: 60, Reputation: 4

Aug 30, 2015, 02:08 PM
    1997 F350 electrical malfunction
    Hello. I have a 1997 F350 7.3 turbo diesel dually, 2 wheel drive automatic trans. I'm having malfunctions when using the turn signals. Right now when I use them at high speed the transmission down shifts and the cruise control disengages. Also, at all times, when using the signals, all rear lights flash, including third light (front lights operate normally). The dash lights operate normally except they stop blinking and become constant when braking.
    Could it be a bad multifunction switch?. Bad trailer light wiring?
    Any help is appreciated?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2015, 06:19 AM
    I'd check the trailer light wiring, combination light switch, and emergency flasher.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 31, 2015, 12:07 PM
    Did you recently add something to the wiring? Like a trailer harness adapter? Stereo or amps, etc?
    Hippiefeet Posts: 60, Reputation: 4

Oct 19, 2015, 06:09 PM
    Thanks, the problem was a 7 to 4 pin adapter I left plugged in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air condition 1997 ford expedition malfunction during acceleration [ 3 Answers ]

Why would the AC in my 1997 ford expedition change to defrost during acceleration and then back to AC once I let off the gas

Gas mileage 1997 ford f350 7.3 diesel [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for mpg and if can put anything on eng to increase mpg

1997 F350 Powerstroke no power [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1997 F350 Power stroke that has poor acceleration for the first 5-10 minutes until it warms up, does anyone have any suggestions for troubleshooting? Thanks Jim

98 Honda Prelude all electrical malfunction! [ 4 Answers ]

I suspected a blown fuse on my 98 Honda Prelude, engine off, keys out of ignition I began to pull fuses in order under the dash to determine the blown fuse and then replaced them in order. Found none (it was under the hood Accessory power socket i.e. cigarette lighter... found the next day). When I...

View more questions Search