Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Harold07 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2015, 08:11 AM
    Pumps?
    What size well pump is suggested for a single home with one bath and washer for a family of four?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 29, 2015, 11:28 AM
    Anything from a half horse to a three quarter horse.
    Good luck, Tom
    Mike45plus Posts: 230, Reputation: 27

Aug 30, 2015, 06:09 AM
    Harold07,
    There are several factors to consider when sizing a water pump - define the peak demand flow rate, determine the well depth, capacity, recovery rate, static water level, and, are there any water chemistry or condition issues?
    You might also want to consider using a constant pressure pump; ECM technology allows these variable speed pumps to deliver constant velocity based on flow rates. These pumps can operate with less electricity while delivering continuous pressure, and, they operate without a large storage tank...
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2015, 06:34 AM
    Speedball is about right unless you are talking about an unusually deep well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pumps [ 3 Answers ]

I have just installed a PS150 BOOST pump and PUMPROL points and a PS Controller unit in a Solar array. Cut in cut out pressure is 30/50PSI, this is all working fine the pump is cutting in at the required pressure and cutting out at the required pressure but when the pump cuts out and the points...

Pumps [ 0 Answers ]

I just installed a 1horse 5 gpm 2 wire pump with all new system. I plugged it in to a generator and it barely got up to 20 psi. I opened the hose bibb at tank and the water only trickled out I bypassed the switch and it did the same thing. The well is 400' deep. Do you think the pump is too weak?

Well pumps [ 1 Answers ]

When a well pump comes on and off very quickly, this is: A. a long cycle, B. an intermediate cycle, C. a motorcycle, or D. a short cycle

Well pumps [ 1 Answers ]

Recommendations on summersible well pumps... Goulds or Franklin motors? Thanks

Circulating Pumps - submersible pumps - low efficiency [ 1 Answers ]

Hello people, Well I was selecting some hot water circulating pumps and submersible pumps, for a rather big project. I consulted GRUNDFOS (can't get bigger than that). For the hot water circulating pumps, Grundfos informed me that the best selection according to my (flow, head)...

View more questions Search