Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    igottogonow Posts: 128, Reputation: 2

Aug 28, 2015, 05:37 PM
    How does someone look for a leak in an inground swimming pool. It is not the liner??
    I have a leak in my inground pool. It is not the liner but one of the suction or discharge lines. There is no wet spots around the pool area. How do I search for this leak??
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2015, 08:11 AM
    Extremely difficult. Typically they will do a smoke injection or sometimes a low level radioactive source. You could check with someone like American Leak Detection, they do this all the time
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Aug 30, 2015, 03:29 PM
    Only way I know that allows you to determine line wth issue is to isolate each line and pressure test each line. Here, lines would need to be isolated by a shutoff and then you need to cut in some kind of test setup that allows a pressure gauge and shrader valve to be installed and then you cap the lines at the pool and test each line until you find the one that loses pressure. Make sense?

Like Ma0641 said, it is not an easy thing to do, but it can be done!

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does inground pool have to have a liner [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a house with an older metal wall inground pool. It is full of debris and green water, I can't even see the bottom but I van see the liner is in shreads. I am wondering if I must replace the liner or if I have any other options.

Inground swimming pool liner coping [ 2 Answers ]

I just had my inground swimming pool liner replaced in June 2008. Today I just saw a side in the shallow end that my liner is coming off the wall. I contacted the pool service that replaced my liner and they said that was due to coping. They also told me that this is not covered under warranty. ...

After cement patch, can I paint inground pool walls and not use a pool liner [ 1 Answers ]

Existing pool liner has come off (bought home with pool as is) cement patches needed. I want to just paint the cement and fill the pool. Is that doable, or do I need the pool liner.

Inground pool liner [ 3 Answers ]

I have an inground pool with liner. The liner color is blue and white and white is discolored = yellowed. Is there a way to clean that? or do I have to replace the liner. The pool is 10 yr. old.

View more questions Search