Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhouse30 Posts: 306, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2015, 09:21 AM
    Is zinc oxide used as a deodorant
    I read that you can use zinc oxide from the drug store as a deodorant. In your opinion, is it safe to use on a daily basic. I wasn't sure how healthy zinc oxide is.

I was looking for a something similar to a homemade deodorant but without baking soda and cornstarch.

Any tips will be appreciated.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2015, 09:47 AM
    What you need to worry about is the aluminum in deodorants.

What's wrong zinc? It helps kill the stink. Some people say lemon juice works. But I live in Florida and play too many sports. I need a manly deodorant.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 26, 2015, 11:40 AM
    As far as I know, zinc oxide completely covers your sweat glands, and that's about it.
    People who work outside put it on their noses. The best UV block there is - 100%.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 26, 2015, 05:51 PM
    It is sometimes used when mixed with other items for this. I would not use it alone for this. Also deodorant and antiperspirant are two different things, one contains a nice odor to help one smell better, the other merely helps stop the sweating.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

chemical equation and balance them for Zinc + Silver Nitrate ----> Zinc Nitrate + Sil [ 0 Answers ]

Write the chemical equation and balance them for 1. Zinc + Silver Nitrate ----> Zinc Nitrate + Silver 2. Calcium Hydroxide + Ammonuim Chloride -----> Calcium Chloride + Ammonuim Hydroxide

Percentage of pure zinc in Zinc Mono hydrate [ 1 Answers ]

What is the percentage of pure zinc in Zinc Mono hydrate

How to convert Zinc Sulfate Monohydrate (ZnSO4.H2O) to Zinc Sulphate Heptahydrate (Zn [ 1 Answers ]

How to convert Zinc Sulfate Monohydrate (ZnSO4.H2O) to Zinc Sulphate Heptahydrate (ZnSO4.7H2O). Please understand it is not as "simple" as mixing Zinc Sulfate Monohydrste it with excess water and boiling it up to 1500 gravity and then waiting for it to crystalize as zinc Sulfate Heptahydrate.

Organic Zinc & Inorganic Zinc [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between organic zinc and inorganic zinc ?

View more questions Search