Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    duaaaa Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Aug 25, 2015, 12:39 PM
    Relationship
    I'm 25 years old / female .I have no other choice than arranged marriage in my country. Someone is living abroad proposed to marry me. Definitely I don't know him . I only knew something's about his personality from his relatives. I will have a chance to meet him for 1-3 times. So my question is How can i analyze him ? I really want to know if this relationship will be succeeded.
    I knew its hard but I think I have to prepare myself to these interviews very well, ask questions. Can you please advise me?
    Precious7 Posts: 333, Reputation: 61

Aug 25, 2015, 01:45 PM
    What are your core beliefs?
    What will never change about you?
    Who are the important people in your life, and how will they impact our marriage?
    How do you perceive the division of responsibilities in the relationship, and do you like how they are divided?
    Are you interested in learning each others love languages and consider it in future?
    Can you effectively resolve conflict?
    What are the qualities you look for in a wife?

These are just few question you can ask him to analyze him, but choose whatever is relevance in your case.

Aug 26, 2015, 08:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Precious7 View Post
    What are your core beliefs?
    What will never change about you?
    Who are the important people in your life, and how will they impact our marriage?
    How do you perceive the division of responsibilities in the relationship, and do you like how they are divided?
    Are you interested in learning each others love languages and consider it in future?
    Can you effectively resolve conflict?
    What are the qualities you look for in a wife?

These are just few question you can ask him to analyze him, but choose whatever is relevance in your case.

Its very good one I will try them
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 26, 2015, 11:42 AM
    Make sure you ask where he expects to live because you may not like living with his family and being told what to do by his mother, and whether you will be allowed to work, visit family when you want, and help him with major life decisions like making a family.

Also make sure you know not only what he and his family expect from you, but your family as well because they may insist you marry this fellow whether you like him or NOT. I suggest a LOOOOOONG engagement period after a LOOOOOONG getting to know him and his family period... if that is possible.

Good luck.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 26, 2015, 11:51 AM
    I recently became Facebook friends with a teacher, a man from northern India, who had an arranged marriage. He wrote about it in his collection of short stories (Desert Teacher). His questions to his bride to be all pretty much involved education and beliefs. As far as I can tell, it's all working out very well.

Aug 29, 2015, 06:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    I recently became Facebook friends with a teacher, a man from northern India, who had an arranged marriage. He wrote about it in his collection of short stories (Desert Teacher). His questions to his bride to be all pretty much involved education and beliefs. As far as I can tell, it's all working out very well.

I don't understand your reply , do you expect it good way for marriage ? And Why?
    And I'm not indian by the way
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 29, 2015, 07:56 AM
    I was trying to say that his questions to her were about subjects that were important to him. For instance, education mattered a lot to him.

Aug 30, 2015, 08:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    I was trying to say that his questions to her were about subjects that were important to him. For instance, education mattered a lot to him.

Thank you so much I got it now

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How does a relationship with a person I support differ to relationship with a friend? [ 2 Answers ]

How does my relationship with the person I support differ to relationship with a friend?

Do I end my bad relationship and wait for my ex girlfriend and see how her relationship goes? [ 26 Answers ]

Well I and my now ex girlfriend were in a long distance relationship, and she had told me a little after we were dating she was a cheater. But I didn't give much thought about it. A little while later she tells me she cheated on me and had sex with a guy. Even though she did hurt me, I still wanted...

What is the difference between a working relationship and a personal relationship? [ 2 Answers ]

What is th difference between a working relationship and a personal relationship?

Non sexual relationship dating and relationship manipulation [ 15 Answers ]

I am in a relationship with a guy that I believe to be a really good guy, he is 16 yrs my senior( I'm 23). He has been married once and has 3 kids from that marriage, he says he has never been in a non-sexual relationship and neither have I ,but I am starting to become more active in my church and...

After a 4 year relationship I got tired of my relationship and broke up! What to do? [ 2 Answers ]

I’m a gay guy (36 yo) and I dated for 4 years this BI guy(40 yo), at the beginning it was a bit hard for me, I’m very comfortable with being gay! Came out 8 years ago, any way, at the beginning of the relationship I had to pretend in front of his friends that we were just friends, some times after...

View more questions Search