Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Peeger Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2015, 09:45 AM
    How to remove ill mother as grantee in a general warranty deed life estate?
    I purchased a home in Ohio 2003 and established a Life Estate (General Warranty Deed) with my mother as the grantee. She is now living in a nursing home with Alzheimers. Can I remove her as grantee? And how do I do this?
    I am trying to refinance my home and cannot as the Life estate is a barrier. My brother has POA... can he assist?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Aug 25, 2015, 12:07 PM
    You cannot extinguish her life estate without her consent. And, if she is now mentally incompetent, she cannot give such consent.

Was your brother's POA created when your mother still had her mental faculties? If so, and if it is a durable POA, he may indeed be able to help you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am a grantee/buyer on a life estate deed signed in 2006 [ 0 Answers ]

Only family members lived in the apt until last year, where the person occupying the apt died. We rented the apt after fixing it and spending $25,000. My father and mother owned the house until the life estate deed. How to report the value of the house, when the deed was signed, or the fair...

My mother wants to remove her son from the life estate deed to her house which we are [ 9 Answers ]

My mother has a life estate,my name and my brother are on the deed,she wants to remove him. How does she go about it

General Warranty Deed after a death of spouse when only his name was on it [ 1 Answers ]

My husband recently passed away and I just found out that I am not on the warranty deed or deed of trust, the mortgage loan is in his name only, how can I keep our house if I am not on anything?

Limited warranty deed vs. A general warranty deed [ 1 Answers ]

I am buying a piece of property in order to build a home on in the future. The seller will be providing a Limited Warranty Deed vs. a General Warranty Deed. Is a lender or bank going to have a problem with this when I go to get my construction loan? Is there something I should know or ask before...

Limited warranty real estate deed [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference in a limited warranty real estate deed and a general warranty deed?

View more questions Search