Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TsutaShine Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2015, 07:54 AM
    Do I have to balance the 2 narrators in my book?
    I'm writing a short fantasy story in 1st person view about a male and female protagonist becoming allies and having to chant spells to save a city, currently I'm considering having both protagonists swap narration in each chapter.
    I ask this because before the end of chapter 6 (out of 8), the female dies a shocking death, so the male had to take her place, therefore he gets to narrate throughout the rest of the story.
    Yet at the same time, the male doesn't speak much but has a lot of internal monologue, so I might be able to use up to 4 short chapters for him (compared to female, her chapters are longer). But I've never included more than 1 narrator before, is it necessary to balance both narrations in terms of the length of each chapter?

Currently it is assigned like this:
    Chapter 1: Female narrator
    Chapter 2: Male
    Chapter 3: Female
    Chapter 4: Male
    Chapter 5: Female
    Chapter 6: Female
    Chapter 7: Male
    Chapter 8: Male
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2015, 02:09 PM
    It is your book, do what you want.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trial balance or a ledger book? [ 0 Answers ]

Wich is the best form to prepare a personal financial expenses report?is ledger,trial balance,balance sheet

Identifying a children's book about lake monsters (picture book not chapter book) [ 2 Answers ]

I was hoping someone could help me identify the title or author of a picture book I used to read as a child. I've seen that other users have had success with similar questions but unfortunately I just remember the basic premise of this book. Any help or tips would be great! The book I'm looking...

Book Balance [ 3 Answers ]

How do I calculate book balance, I can't find it anywhere

Depreciation of equipment and the ending book value and how it affects balance sheets [ 1 Answers ]

Company A acquired diagnostic equipment for $480,000. The equipment had an estimated useful life of eight years and an estimated residual value of $30,000. The company uses the straight-line depreciation method. After five years, management determined that the equipment was in danger of becoming...

View more questions Search