Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tarryn1985 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2015, 11:31 PM
    Sore breasts 1 week after period - never happened before
    Hi, I have been trying to fall pregnant for a few months now. My 1st day of my last period was 12 August 2015. I ended on 17 August. It has been a week since I stopped my period and the last 2/3 days my breasts are very heavy and sore. They are very sensitive on the sides of my breasts especially. Could this be an early sign of pregnancy? I don't want to take a test just yet as I don't want to be disappointed. I am also going to wee a lot more often than I usually do.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Aug 25, 2015, 07:20 AM
    That could be a sign of a great number of things. The best symptom for pregnancy is amissed period so I would wait until your September period and if that one doesn't come within two weeks of when it should, then take a test.

What you need to realize is that you're hyper aware of your body and the changes it is going through so what you would have dismissed as unimportant a year ago you're wondering if it is a pregnancy symptom. That is going to drive your mad. You need to remember that it could take two perfectly fertile people over a year to conceive. It takes the perfect combination and order of things for pregnancy to occur.

Good luck!

Aug 25, 2015, 10:53 PM
    Yes I agree. Have decided not to get too excited and wait it out and see.

Thanks a lot :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 26, 2015, 02:16 AM
    It would be less likely, (but not impossible) to become pregnant during your period. Since it takes @ 3 days for the sperm to reach the egg, the chance of being pregnant at this point is not likely. (although possible) This is not normally a sign of pregnancy for the first week after ovulation. (but then all women can be different)

It is far to early to take any tests, they would be negative. You really need to wait and see if you have or miss your period. If missed wait one to two week after it is late to start testing.

Also if you are wanting to be pregnant, talk to your doctor about tracking your ovulation times. (not the phone or computer apps)

Aug 26, 2015, 02:31 AM
    Will def. wait it out and take it from there. Thanks(^^,)
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 26, 2015, 12:50 PM
    Based on timing, it's possibly your fertile window and that's why you're feeling the discomfort.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Non sore breasts but usually sore a week before period [ 8 Answers ]

Hey my names Renee :) and well me and my partner arnt trying to have a baby but we arnt trying to prevent it either.. Anyway.. I know my period pretty well and ever since I got my first period which was when I was 13 I am now 20 my breasts would get very sore and tender a week before my period but...

Sore breasts but got my period [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am really confused right now. My breasts started hurting about 3 weeks before my period... not usual for me. I got my period yesterday which was right on schedule but its really light. It started with some publish discharge then turned into a regular period just lighter and shorter than...

Breasts NOT sore before period like usual [ 4 Answers ]

Every month, like clock work AF comes. My breasts get extremely tender 12-14 days prior to my period starting. It's been like this for years. Also my periods are usually extremely heavy, but last month it was pretty light. I took a pregnancy test and got a negative. My husband and I aren't "trying"...

View more questions Search