Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lmg64 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Aug 24, 2015, 07:27 PM
    8n ford tractor governor
    Can not get new governor on my 8n to work. Went by FO-4 manual but I must be missing something. When I throttle up maybe half way or less my carb opens up all the way and my rpm's are out of site. The throttle linkage is adjusted to idle and go full throttle, and governor stop set and carb is adjusted and runs smooth. I am missing something but I don't know what or where. Can someone help me with this problem. Thank you

Check out some similar questions!

When performing and completing a static governor adjustment on a mechanical governor [ 4 Answers ]

When performing and completing a static governor adjustment on a mechanical governor system, what is the relative position of the flyweights attached to the governor gear compared to the governor cup shaft? What is the relative position of the governor cup compared to the governor shaft?

Governor for 8 hp B&S lawn tractor [ 1 Answers ]

I have just cleaned the carb of an old Toro/Wheelhorse 8hp B&S rear engine rider mower. When I reassembled the cables, and started it, it now races with no control by throtle. Please if you have a diagram of the proper setting for the linkage of the Governor, I may have it set wrong. Any other...

1986 Ford Bronco II wiper governor location [ 0 Answers ]

Where is the wiper governor located on my 1986 Ford Bronco II? Is it under the hood or under the dash or some place else? Wipers only run on high, I have already replaced the wiper switch, did not help.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.