Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bay_73 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2015, 04:05 PM
    Sex during ovulation
    I am in my most fertile stage of ovulation and have had unprotected intercourse for the past four days. When I woke up this morning I have had a little bit of pain in the left side of my abdomen. I am also getting nauseous. Is this normal and can I get pregnant from this? It is my last day of ovulation.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 24, 2015, 04:16 PM
    Are you trying to get pregnant? Are you using a fertility app?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 24, 2015, 04:31 PM
    It would be too early for you to have pregnancy symptoms if you did conceive. The cramping is a possibility, but the nausea would be a symptom of something else.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2015, 04:36 PM
    When you have intercourse during your fertile period (a few days prior to and including ovulation) you can become pregnant. However, in most cases, actual ovulation occurs only on one day. The timing of intercourse is only one factor in becoming pregnant. This is why it can sometimes take many months for it to occur even with frequent intercourse.

The pain you felt could be from ovulation itself. Some women will experience it from time to time.
    duaaaa Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Aug 25, 2015, 12:50 PM
    My friend had the same experience and she gotten pregnant because of this . Be aware
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 26, 2015, 02:29 AM
    Having sex at the time of ovulation is how people get pregnant.
    Ovulation is not a several day event, but it is best to have sex 2 or 3 days prior to the ovulation since it takes sperm a few days to reach the egg.

Also how are you tracking ovulation. (phone or computer charts are not always exact, more like educated guesses) so unless you are medically tracking ovulation, you really do not know your ovulation dates
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 26, 2015, 12:54 PM
    As doula stated, you can sometimes feel light cramping at the point of ovulation.

Also, once your egg is fertilized, it takes several days to implant and put off enough hormones for a home pregnancy test to be correct and for your body to present with symptoms. This is all why you cannot get the best test results until 2-3 days within the day of your missed period. It's impossible to know if your egg is fertilized within a few days or hours of actual ovulation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I had sex during ovulation but I am not pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

My ovalation days were 19-20/09/12, had sex then and now my menses are her on the 3/10/12 with a 28-day cycle

Sex Three Days Before Ovulation [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. My name's Kristina. I've been Trying to conceive for the last two months. I didn't get pregnant last month due to a miscalculation in my ovulation date. My last menstrual period was January 27th, 2012. I had sex yesterday night, Tuesday, February 7th, 2012. I'm supposed to ovulate on Friday,...

Paranoid. Sex after ovulation, sex 5 days before period [ 2 Answers ]

So basically I keep track of my period I got July 19 August 18 Sept 18 Had sex on October 15 thrice. 2 times with condom and last without. (he urinated between each) So the last one was just quick. He put it in then out right away. He finished off with a hand job and didn't even *** near me....

Unprotected sex before ovulation [ 2 Answers ]

Unprotected sex on the 8th day of my periods is there is chance to get pregnant

Best Time To Have Sex During Ovulation [ 8 Answers ]

My Partner and I are planning a pregnancy! YAYAYAY! Lol We decided to start tracking my ovulation days now that I have been off The Nuva ring birth control for 2 months... I have done the whole ovulation calender thing and I ovulate this Saturday! Luckly were going on vacation! Which Means...

View more questions Search