Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grandbaby424 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2015, 01:07 PM
    Accouting
    In accounting I am given the assets for the year 2009 as 4700 ? On liabilities Contributed capital 600 retained earning ? Revenue 1425 expenses 350. For the year 2010 assets are 5275 liabilities 1975 contributed capital 600 retained earnings ? And expenses 1150. How do I find these answers?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2015, 03:50 PM
    You read your accounting book to understand what the different topics are-Retained earnings, expenses etc. and then how they are journalized. What is an asset? What is a liability?
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2015, 01:46 PM
    You have to know 2 formulas to solve these types of problems.

1. The basic accounting equation: Assets = Liabilities + Owners Equity

2. The changes in equity formula: Beginning Owners Equity + Owner contributions(owner investments) + Net Income (Revenues - Expenses) - Owner Withdrawals = Ending Owners Equity.

Note Ending amounts in one accounting period will be the beginning amounts in the next accounting period.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2015, 05:17 PM
    You also need to develop the skill of reading questions and deciding what the required outcome is and what data is important

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accouting [ 1 Answers ]

Beginning inventory 10 @ $30 First purchase 25 @ $32 Second Purchase 30 @$34 Third Purchase 10 @ $35 The firm uses the periodic system and there are 20 units of the commodity on hand at the end of the year. What is the amount of inventory at the end of the year according to the last in,first...

Accouting help please [ 1 Answers ]

Download Big Ed's trial balance to begin preparing your adjusting and closing entries: Big Ed's Motorcycle Shop Trial Balance Following is the information you will need to make your adjusting entries: Office equipment has a life of five years with no residual value. Store equipment has a...

What is financial accouting? [ 1 Answers ]

What is financial accouting?

I need a help in accouting 11 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I need a help in accouting 11. Could someone help me online?

View more questions Search