Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danniealbert Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2015, 11:44 PM
    What is the difference between
    Comprehensive insurance and third party liability?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 24, 2015, 03:39 AM
    I have have to ask, in what context?

Third party liability is where a other party is found liable for some event. (sorry you did not say if industrial, auto, product liability or what type, the exact insurance issue can differ.

The comprehensive liability covers areas where you are specifically at fault and was a party to the event. Again, in what context, auto, business, product or so on.

Also where, Insurance laws are state based in America, (although most use same vocabulary, means can differ slightly. If outside America, where is this, since insurance laws can vary, "greatly"
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2015, 10:40 AM
    They are not related at all. Comprehensive can mean broad coverage or Comprehensive in Auto coverage-something hit you, a tree or a deer, hail etc. Third party refers to a structured way of insurance coverage. With typical liability, you are the first party, the person you injure, or damage their property through negligence is the second party and your insurance company is the third party. There must always be 3 parties involved. There are no third party liabilities if you lose control of your car, run off the road and hit a tree. You need collision insurance UNLESS you can show another party caused you to run off the road. In that case, their insurer would be the third party.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I would like to know; what is the difference? [ 14 Answers ]

Biggest trafficking sting in US history | Apparently 400 Thais found to be illegally working in the US will be allowed to stay if they are found to be victims of human trafficking. So if a person is smuggled across a border with the intention of working they are not victims but if a person...

The difference is. [ 13 Answers ]

I am just curious, what is the difference between dating someone and being in a relationship? My mother sparked my curiosity when my boyfriend and I got back together and he decided he really only wants to see me a couple times a week. We've been together for over a year and a half with only 2...

What's the difference? [ 4 Answers ]

Is there a significant difference between Schizophrenia and Bipolar disorder. The both have similar symptoms but quite different in treatment. What's the difference? And why?:cool:

What is the difference [ 2 Answers ]

Could someone please tell me the difference between ac cable / mc cable and bx cable

What's the difference? [ 15 Answers ]

What's the difference between the birth control if its prescribed for period pains or one for contraceptive use ? Also if you list different brands of pill for me to research it would be much appreciated because I can't find any named on the web.

View more questions Search