Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pestquest Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2015, 08:23 PM
    Invisible flying bugs that bite
    Are these things I can see them flying sometimes but they are not easy to see. Very tiny yellowish to transparent and man what a nick of a bite they have so annoying, does anyone have any idea what these things are?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Aug 24, 2015, 03:35 AM
    First, a comment on the title of your question: if you can see them they're not "invisible."

Second, to answer your question I need to know what part of the world you're in. There are different species of biting flies and midges in different locales. In North America we have several different kinds.
    Name:  yellowfly.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  8.8 KB

This is a yellow fly from the Gulf states. They swarm by the dozens.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Invisible flying biting bugs [ 77 Answers ]

A few questions: Has anyone actually had these bugs documented as diptera (midges)? Has anyone experienced a gastrointestinal infestation with them? Has anyone been permanently successful in getting rid of them?

Invisible bugs in couch what could it be,they bite but we don't see any bugs [ 3 Answers ]

For about 6months the kids have been getting bit well they are on couch,never see any bugs,they don't even know they have been biten into they start itching,what coud it be,I have tried lots of different things to get rid of them nothings working.

Invisible flying,biteing, itchy bugs [ 0 Answers ]

It looks like it's been a few years since this issue has last been spoken about. 3 weeks ago I notice these nearly microscopic white insects biting me making me itch a little bit. I can only see them as they are jumping from a to b. it looks like some of them might be flying. They are in the car...

Car bugs that bite and invisible are not your imagination [ 3 Answers ]

Need help, have bugs that have invaded my car. Like one responder wrote, these bugs bite a lot then sometimes at all. I have to shower and wash my clothes because before I realized what they were I was bringing them in house, had professionals to fog and spray house several times to get rid of...

View more questions Search