Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smuttmesmutt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2015, 05:33 PM
    Ask immigration questions
    My wife is philipino, she has a green card now for almost 10 years we booked a flight to the Philippines dec 1 2015 and return flight may 26 2016. Will we be OK with ? Will her green card be legal?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2015, 06:14 PM
    When does it expire?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2015, 07:07 PM
    I think its more about how long she stays out. New regulations limit how long a green card holder can be outside the USA every year (because people were getting them then not using them for very long periods)... and she is dangerously close to the 6 month point... which is when they will revoke the green card for failure to maintain presence if they exceed it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 23, 2015, 07:08 PM
    1. If it is a real green card and legal
    2. If it does not expire while out of the country
    3. There is nothing else that you did not mention that would have caused immigration issues.

The green card allows for unlimited entry and exit from the US. (assuming this is the US) So what are the dates on her card?
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Aug 31, 2015, 04:53 PM
    An extended visit that doesn't exceed 180 days should be fine if she has been an LPR and in the US for the last 10 years. Typically you will have tax returns, bank statements, employment records, housing, drivers license etc. to show your ties to the US.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ask immigration questions [ 7 Answers ]

Can I still get my green card if I have a felony.. my green card was stolen.. and what do I need to get my green card...

Ask immigration questions [ 0 Answers ]

My green card doesn't have an expire date and it was stole but I have a felony will I be deported or will I get my green card if I renew it?

Immigration questions [ 1 Answers ]

I have one misdeamor was that I have a 2grams possetion of marijuana but it wasent in my posetion there was 5 more people there but since no one told who it was they took evryone and took me too I didn't had no money to pay for lawyer at that time so they still put it on my posetion that's all the...

Where can I ask immigration questions? [ 1 Answers ]

If I trasmitted my papers to become a citizen and lived in the US and I Moved back to Mexico can I still get my papers? I have already been acepted though?

Questions on immigration? [ 0 Answers ]

My ex husband is married to a US citizen, I am undocumented. Does he have to disclose my where abouts and legal status when filing his paperwork?

View more questions Search