Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Navtaal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2015, 04:04 AM
    Which species of Tilapia fish is used for mosquito control?
    Which species & which type (juvenile or adult) of Tilapia fish is used for mosquito control? Are they effective as mosquito fish( Gambusia affinis)?

tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 23, 2015, 09:07 AM
    It would be any tilapia reaching maturity. They eat the mosquito larvae, there reducing the malaria outbreaks. However it has only been tested in Kenya.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are there mosquito species that don't transmit any diseases? [ 1 Answers ]

I know that in the mosquito species that do transmit diseases, it's always the females that do it. But are there any mosquito species that transmit no diseases at all, neither the males or females of the species? If so, what species are they? I'm especially interested to know if there are mosquito...

What Fish Would You recommend I Buy For My Cichlid Fish Tank? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 26 gallon cichlid fish tank. I am looking to buy more fish. So far I have 2 red blood parrot fish, 1 black knife fish, and 2 snails. I know I can't have many fish since cichlids are territorial, but what fish would you recommend to buy? Thanks!

I have a 20 gallon fish tank and my fish are dying [ 6 Answers ]

I got a fish tank and evrything was good and my fish were having fish, and I just added water to the fish tank and just 2 days ago I notes that every time that I check my fish tank there are a lot of fish dead I want to know why?

Mosquito control [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone have experience with Mosquito plants? I’ve seen them advertised and never thought much about them. We live along the Rio Grande and the mosquito’s are fierce this year. We’ve used citronella candles and sprays and have grown to object the chemically smell. So, if anyone has a more...

Tilapia recipes? [ 3 Answers ]

Anyone have any good tilapia recipes? Preferably something grilled or broiled, nothing fried please. Thanks

View more questions Search