Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zeno123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2015, 02:53 AM
    Moved IRN boxes with eggs
    Please assist. I just bought 10 IRN and another parakeet could be a female alexandrine (shes in her box on 2 eggs) (but this almost felt like a rescue ) my question is this. In 2 of the breeding boxes were 2 eggs each to which I closed mommy in with them and covered with towels when I removed them from current location.
    I have brought them home and have not disturbed them as of yet while I've been cleaning cages. They were originally in a largish avery with the other birds and have a good idea who there partners may be from the previous owners.
    Do I put them into my avery back with the other birds or should I now separate them into new cages with a mate or without a mate.
    Please help soonest as I need to start letting the other birds out.
    Many Thanks
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 23, 2015, 09:06 AM
    They were originally in a largish avery with the other birds and have a good idea who there partners may be from the previous owners.
    That would be the way to go until/unless you find a better way through research or advice of experts. I admit to not being an expert on the care of birds, but perhaps the previous owners could give you good guidance.

I'm glad they seem to have found a good home with you.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 30, 2015, 02:08 PM
    This is a tough one. Any change when birds are nesting, can be catastrophic. At this point I would leave mom and her mate (if you know which one is her mate), in a cage by themselves, in a quiet part of your home, until the babies hatch and are old enough to join the others.

Having said that, this breed is not my specialty, and I also have no experience with moving nesting birds and eggs. I'm afraid it may end badly for this breeding, but all you can do is try your best. Right now a huge change like being transported, and then placed into a new aviary, may be too much for them to take.

Good luck. Let me know how it goes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are these eggs okay? [ 6 Answers ]

I recently made contact with a bloke who raises chickens and sells their eggs for a mere buck a dozen. These eggs however, the whites are rather dark and not as transparent and the yolk is like a dark neon orange color. Is there something wrong with these eggs?

Scared baby IRN will starve [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I bought a four month old IRN yesterday, and had to remove him from his mother and father to do so. He was the only baby they had this year, and they seemed very over-protected over him. He was surrounded by many other birds, and is parent-raised. Anyway, he hasn't eaten or drank water...

I just moved into an apartment in the carpet wasn't cleaned before I moved in [ 4 Answers ]

My landlord said she is only cleaning the three room not four because of the special deal she got from the carpet cleaning company three room special can she do that am I responsiable for the other room

Are farm fresh eggs more watery than store bought eggs? Is the yolk a pale yellow? [ 2 Answers ]

I buy my eggs from a local farmer. But the white is runnier than the ones I buy at the store and the yolks are pale yellow almost white. Does that mean he's storing them or that he's feeding them something different.

If a person on parole moved to my address then moved out doesn't the PO have to verify [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know if my address is still being used and why this hasn't been verified by the PO its been a month

View more questions Search