Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hippiefeet Posts: 60, Reputation: 4

Aug 21, 2015, 05:54 PM
    PC hdmi sound
    Im running windows 7 laptop and the hdmi will not transmit sound to the TV, remains playing through laptop speakers. It worked fine before and I'm not sure why it changed. Any help is appreciated.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 22, 2015, 06:33 AM
    Have you checked the cable? Some cables cant handle sound on HDMI. Also over time cables break down. If it worked before then it should work with the proper working cable.
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Aug 26, 2015, 10:01 AM
    That's true. If you have several cables which you have purchased over the years or came with a device, you need to find out what version you have and label them. You can probably find comparison pictures online to help you identify them. A version 1.3 is video only and you need separate audio cables to go with it. Video only was OK for a PC graphics card to a monitor when audio was not an issue. 1.4 and 1.4a versions have audio included. Try looking at the connectors. I would assume the audio versions would have more connections than video only.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 26, 2015, 11:37 AM
    If you decide to spend money, I like the (wireless) Chromecast I bought a year ago for $35.
    Once I figured out how to get the software working anyway, and that was with help from a very nerdy person.
    Hippiefeet Posts: 60, Reputation: 4

Aug 30, 2015, 01:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cdad View Post
    Have you checked the cable? Some cables cant handle sound on HDMI. Also over time cables break down. If it worked before then it should work with the proper working cable.
    I am using a cheap cable I have been using for a while. I'll check into a new cable. Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Visio 47" LCD TV has no sound; HDMI inputs work intermittently. [ 9 Answers ]

Has anyone seen this problem?

CanI connect hdmi on laptop to hdmi on my surround sound system? [ 1 Answers ]

I just want to know,if I can hook up the hdmi on the laptop to hdmi input on the surround sound and have it work. I'musing the headphone jack now but it's a sh$#*y connection.

Panasonic vierra LCD- no picture or sound through HDMI ports [ 3 Answers ]

Panasonic LCD was working fine. Now can't get picture or sound via any of the three HDMI ports. Cable and component input work fine. Tested cable box with another high def TV and it worked. Can HDMI ports be bad?

View more questions Search