Ask
    Teresa Hendrix Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2015, 10:19 AM
    Salary desired
    What is the best way to answer?
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2015, 11:46 AM
    Sites like glassdoor.com and others can give you a decent range for most job categories.

Answering that question is easier if you understand:

How much experience in that field do you have? If none, you can't command high dollars.

Do you have an education past high school?

Did you sell yourself in the interview or are you just one of many who are not standing out?

What is the total compensation package? There's more than just a salary to consider.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 22, 2015, 03:58 AM
    I usually put "open" and leave that for discussion, after I get an interview and have sold my ability. The salary talk normally comes with the job offer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Desired salary on job application. [ 21 Answers ]

The question on every job application : Desired Salary. What is the correct answer? Should you leave it blank, suggest that you are "open to negotiation"? Answer with what you feel you are worth, or what the job is worth? I've never known proper etiquette for this.. any ideas?

What should I put as my "desired salary" for my job app? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm applying for a job in the UK. I am currently unemployed and have never really had any experience with this. I was going to reply with "standard rate" or "open" however the application will only let me put numbers, any ideas?

My job application is not taking any of my answers for desired salary [ 3 Answers ]

I am filling out a job application online and it is asking for my desired wage. However, it is not accepting anything I put in. What am I doing wrong? I put it in weekly, hourly and yearly with and without dollar signs and decimals.

Desired salary versus hourly wage [ 3 Answers ]

When applying for jobs and desired salary is asked for should I enter hourly or yearly pay?

Where to put the salary desired on job application [ 1 Answers ]

Where to write down your salary expectations on your resume or cover letter?

View more questions Search