Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Anonymous2003 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2015, 04:07 PM
    Am I Depressed?
    I think I might be, but I can sometimes be happy. It's just mostly, I will go to my friends, or do something fun, and have a great time. But when I get back, at the end of the day, I'm all alone, and just feel sad so I wonder what the point of being happy is if I'll just be sad later anyway. I don't know if I have depression, but I just feel like having fun is useless now, because it always comes back to sadness. Also, my Dad has depression, if that changes anything. Thanks for reading this, and I just really want to know, before saying anything. Thanks.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 20, 2015, 04:09 PM
    How old are you?
    Anonymous2003 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2015, 04:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    How old are you?
    I'm eleven.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous2003 View Post
    I'm eleven.
    Almost twelve.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2015, 07:39 AM
    I am not a big fan of labels and at 11 almost 12 years old I don’t think you should put any labels on yourself. You have a lot of growing to do, changes to your physical body, changes to your emotional health, growing up, and going through all the different levels of school. Allow all those things to happen without labels.

If you think about it, we ALL have more fun with friends versus making our bed, washing the dishes, or mowing the grass. There are things we have to do and things we want to do. That won’t change no matter what your age is. You can choose to only do the things you want to do and ignore your homework or not do any chores around the house. But that ends up getting you nowhere.

Here’s what I do – I don’t believe anything is worth doing unless you are having fun doing it. So I make everything fun. Once you do this a few times then it becomes very easy and becomes the natural way you do things. It makes me smile and makes people around me smile.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 21, 2015, 08:11 AM
    How do you know your father is depressed? What does he do about it?
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2015, 10:24 AM
    Talk to your parents, a teacher or an adult who knows you and who you trust.

At eleven they are your people, they are the ones to support and advice you, not strangers on an Internet site.

Go do that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depressed at 13? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello,okay so um.. As I've said,I can't see my sister,it keeps bugging me. In school there's a boy called Jake, he calls me a fat whore,slut,slag etc.. its making want to just lock away. I've broke up with my boyfriend and he's making up saying I'm pregnant with his baby,we haven't even had...

What does it mean if your depressed but don't know what your depressed about? [ 1 Answers ]

I feel down all the time... I'm also stressed... I can't really stand to be around kids anymore even my own... I have no friends and I go no wheres all I do is sit at home with my kids... I have people around that don't treat my kids the same as they do others and I don't know why cause one of them...

My mom is depressed and she's making me depressed what do I do! [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I am 14 years old and my mom is depressed and is making me depressed I started working with her and she freaked out at me because I didn't sweep properly, she brought me home and just left. How do I help her and help myself! I'm starting to think of suicide but I can't just leave...

I'm really depressed [ 9 Answers ]

I have had depression on and off since I was about 15.. when I was a teenager I was diagnosed with manic depression and was prescribed to 3 prozacs a day. It really helped me for a long time and eventually I stopped taking them. Every once in a while I would feel sad and depressed and cut myself. I...

View more questions Search