Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rbris Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2015, 09:42 AM
    Outdated Shower Handles?
    I need shower handles for Homes. It seems the stem is larger than normal. Is a substitute available?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 20, 2015, 11:03 AM
    We need more information and maybe a picture of the valve. Is Homes a brand name?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 5, 2015, 09:15 AM
    Are you asking about the knobs themselves or the chrome trim behind it? Photos would be helpful. Back to you, Tom
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2015, 01:53 PM
    Never heard of a Homes unit. Where are you located?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 5, 2015, 06:10 PM
    Usually, Stem and Handles and cannot be swapped with another brand - unless you get some retro fitting in-between. If you tell us what kind of faucet you have we can tell you what to get

Back to you

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower handles slip [ 1 Answers ]

My shower handles are slipping; thus, not getting proper water flow. When I take handles off, I see a plastic sleeve around the metal stem. Should I replace plastic sleeve? If so, How?

Leaking shower handles [ 3 Answers ]

My hot water shower handle leaks constantly but especially when you take a shower, allowing hot water to run down the wall to your feet so your feet get a toasty shower to say the least. There is only one screw to remove from the handle, but I can't get the handle off. Can anyone tell me how to get...

Shower handles [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I need to replace my shower handles which are very old and cruddy. They are held on by one screw and there is a cap that goes over the screw, indicating hot, cold, and diverter. I tried to unscrew them and pull them off, but they are really stuck and one of them I could not even unscrew the...

Handles for shower broken [ 2 Answers ]

The handles on the shower are broken. There is cold water running constantly. The center piece on the cold valve is broken off and the handle is off the hot water. There is a metal cover that is over top the handle that sits on the tile wall and had caulking around it. Do I need to remove this to...

View more questions Search