Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Neelie Posts: 512, Reputation: 39

Aug 20, 2015, 06:19 AM
    What is this bird
    Can anyone help me identify this bird please. It comes into my niece's garden in Sarasota. The photo isn't brilliant , but it has a yellow belly, green wings, dark markings on the tail and around the beak and bright yellow around the eyes. Thank you
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 20, 2015, 07:09 AM
    Please post the picture.
    Neelie Posts: 512, Reputation: 39

Aug 20, 2015, 07:48 AM
    Whoops sorry, yes that would help. What would also help is if I could figure out how to post it. The FAQ's sai

"Under the window where you composed your question or answer is a section called Additional Options. Click on the Manage Attachments button: a pop-up dialog will open". Unfortunately I can't find a section called Additional Options, or maybe I've lost the plot. Sorry folks maybe just ignore my question :(
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Aug 20, 2015, 02:48 PM
    Hi Neelie

Go to the box below that you responded to us in your last post (bottom of page) and you will see B. I. U (underlined) and then 5 small images to the right of that. Click on the 3rd image and a box will pop up that will insert an image into your post. When the box pops up, click on "from computer" (not from url) and then click on "choose file"... then go to pictures and double click on your picture... will then return you to the image box and you'll click on "upload file". That should do it!

Mark
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2015, 03:29 PM
    Based on your description, I would guess a Vireo. There are lots of them with similar coloring, native to FL. Look at Vireo pictures. Some of them in my bird book arecloseto your description. Some warbler's look similar too.
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2015, 05:11 AM
    Name:  vireo.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  125.8 KB test

hey that works!! Thanks Mark.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Sep 12, 2015, 06:09 AM
    Most likely one of the warblers, a vireo is a likely one as well. All pretty birds.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 12, 2015, 06:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hauntinghelper View Post
    Most likely one of the warblers, a vireo is a likely one as well. All pretty birds.
    Yes, I have them in my garden in southern Ontario too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Creepy film evil boy on farm turns into a bird or sees through eyes of a bird [ 4 Answers ]

What I remember of the film An old big (tall) wooden? Farmhouse. Located I think in the USA. The family had European connections. The boy was bad or evil or misunderstood (not sure) He could either turn into or see through the eyes of a flying bird. This is something I think that was passed...

What does it mean when a bird follows you? [ 1 Answers ]

So since a longer time now one particular Robin has been following me. I see the same bird more and more, and it seems he's been hanging around in my back yard too. Its weird, I don't mind though

Bird Training & Bird toys business. How to start? [ 3 Answers ]

I used to work at an Animal Hospital for 3 Years, and I got into bird training. I got really well at it and I love it! I've trained my bird to wave, fetch, and do a lot of other complex tricks. I've also helped my friend with her Bird's behavioral problems. I really want to do this more, but I'm...

Change in weight of bird-cage when the bird is flying inside the cage? [ 2 Answers ]

Q1. What kind of Change would be observed in the weight of bird-cage, weighed by a spring balance 1. when the bird is sitting inside the cage 2. when the bird is flying inside the cage? WHY? Q2. A 1.0 gm. Seed is sown on the earth after few years it becomes one of the biggest trees in the...

Is dye in bird toys safe? How to clean bird toys? [ 8 Answers ]

I am usually the one that helps other people with their cockatiel or bird questions but this time I am the one that needs help. I have cockatiel birds and I have many bird toys that I buy from Walmart and PetsMart and the other day when cleaning my bird cage I decided to wash the toys with water...

View more questions Search