Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lae0789 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2015, 03:55 PM
    What can cause a positive Peth test if you have not drank alcohol is 6 months?
    I am a liver patient and have not had any alcohol since December of 2014 my peth test from August 2015 showed a minor trace per the peth test. Why?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2015, 04:29 PM
    Maybe because while you didn't drink what you thought of as Booze... you didn't abstain from using other products that contain it. Which is as simple as reading the labels.. and buying and using alcohol free formulations. Mouthwash, and cough medicine are two of the most common (but far from the only)....and alcohol free formulations do exist
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Aug 20, 2015, 07:21 AM
    Hand sanitizer is another one. Remember that cooking doesn't clear off all alcohol, like a white wine sauce or a bourbon BBQ sauce, and some recipes don't deal with the alcohol whatsoever, like rum balls. You need to be extra vigilant.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I received a positive peth test result and this has to be wrong, your thoughts [ 3 Answers ]

I am a doctor on monitoring. I took a random peth test with no concerns. I have not had anything to drink in over a year. Now I am freaking out. How could this happen? Has anyone else had this experience? Thanks for your thoughts.

Will one night binge (11-12 mixed drinks) cause a positive Peth test 6 week later [ 1 Answers ]

A friend said he is being screwed over in a monitoring program that he drank 6.5 weeks before the failure of peth test. I am his peer monitor and want to believe he hasn't drank since then however would a one night binge show up 6 weeks later on a peth test, or is it more than likely he has been...

View more questions Search