Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Aug 18, 2015, 09:08 AM
    Spider ID
    My wife and I were down at Turkey Run State Park in Indiana this past weekend. While on a trail we came across a very unusual spider. My wife is a naturalist and I too am not necessarily ignorant of the natural world. Still, we cannot ID this spider. Closest picture I've found that resembled it was the Arrow Shaped Micrathena spider... however, the one we saw was more black and white with rather large spines on it's abdomen. Any ideas?
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2015, 11:23 AM
    Can you post a picture? Sure would help.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Aug 18, 2015, 11:42 AM
    Look anything like this?

Name:  micrathena spider.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  8.2 KB

It's a Spined Micrathena spider
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Aug 18, 2015, 12:18 PM
    YES, that's the one. Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What spider is this? [ 1 Answers ]

Can't seem to add a photo but it's a very small spider, the abdomen is a dark chocolate colour (abdomen is about 2mm) with white patches/spots on the abdomen & the legs are long & spindly & rusty brown in colour. It has 2 little prong-like antennae which is also a rusty brown colour. It attacks &...

Spider [ 1 Answers ]

What is spider

What spider is this? [ 8 Answers ]

3913 Hello. I recently discovered this spider (dead) in my bathroom. I live in the UK, but have never seen this spider before, nor has anyone I have shown it too. Though the picture does not show it very well, the spider is bristling with black hairs over its legs and is about the size of a...

10 legged black spider not a camel spider [ 5 Answers ]

I came across this thing on my side walk it moves slowly is about an inch in length I've never seen a 10 legged spider so I took pictures and tried looking it up with no luck, it is not a camel spider I know that for sure. Also you can see from the pictures I'm not mistaking the 2 extra legs for...

What Spider was that? [ 1 Answers ]

I saw this unusual spider in the bathroom this morning but I can't find a picture of it anywhere on the internet It was very dark brown almost black, with a front leg and small stripe at the front which was light brown/copper coloured. It was about 1-2cm big. I couldn't see it that clearly as I...

View more questions Search