Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kjetaime Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2015, 08:41 PM
    Opinion of what my friend's older brother is thinking?
    One of my best friend's older brother (he is one year older than me) has been flirty with me for months now. He's given signs from subtle touches to hugs to even straight-out suggestions of us being more than friends. I know he is interested / attracted to me but he hasn't actually made a move! I'm getting a little impatient because if he likes me (like I like him!) then I'd like him to show it / say it straight out. If he's not interested in anything happening between us I'd understand, I just want to know what he's thinking. Does anyone have any advice about how I could get his attention in a subtle way to show I'm interested in something more? Or does anyone have a clue what he may be thinking? Thanks :)

Aug 17, 2015, 10:12 PM
    PS - I'm almost 18, he is currently 18. Also he has never tried to hide his flirting with me from his sister, so I don't think that's a reason he wouldn't make a move.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 18, 2015, 01:57 AM
    Sorry, the story sounds like you are 12. If you are interested in him, you ask him out,
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 18, 2015, 03:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Sorry, the story sounds like you are 12. If you are interested in him, you ask him out,
    Yes, totally ! If you want something go after it.

Aug 18, 2015, 09:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Yes, totally ! If you want something go after it.
    That's why I'm confused! I'm tired of him acting like a junior-high boy. We are both old enough to know what we want. Thanks for your advice, I may just let him know how I feel if I get the chance :)
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2015, 11:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kjetaime View Post
    That's why I'm confused! I'm tired of him acting like a junior-high boy. We are both old enough to know what we want. Thanks for your advice, I may just let him know how I feel if I get the chance :)
    Seriously... stop acting like a child unless you really are one. If you are almost 18, then ask him. If you can't find the courage to do that... then you don't deserve to be dating anyone yet. Because maybe he see's you in the "friend zone". If you are interested in more...then YOU ask him. Worst he can say is he isn't interested in you that way. But at least you have your answer after you ask.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 18, 2015, 11:40 AM
    Could be he just enjoys flirting with you or maybe he is waiting for you to make a move. If you are so into him, ask him out.
    You're acting like a Jr. High kid yourself.
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Aug 18, 2015, 12:32 PM
    Is he the same guy you have a crush on at work?

Aug 18, 2015, 01:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aliseaodo View Post
    Is he the same guy you have a crush on at work?
    No! He is my best friend's older brother who is single and about the same age as me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Younger brother runs through sliding glass doors while older brother watches [ 3 Answers ]

I saw this on TV a few months ago, started with a bunch of parents are having a house party, which takes place in the 60's . There are two younger boys who live at the house and they are running all over the place having fun. Parents tell them time for bed. Then I remember seeing the two...

This is weird for me to ask but I think my brother may need a second opinion [ 3 Answers ]

My brother asked me the other day if he should see a doctor because it was swollen "down there" for a couple years and now after cutting down a tree with my dad last weekend it's been hurting. My brother is a very active guy so I know it's quite possible that he may have a hernia and he should...

Best friend vs. Her older brother [ 6 Answers ]

Recently, my best friend and I went to a show at a bar. We both got drunk and I ended up making out with her older brother right in front of her. She was not very happy with me for doing that and she yelled at me in front of everyone at the bar multiple times. I know it's not an excuse but I was...

View more questions Search