Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    broken_ heart Posts: 201, Reputation: 22

Aug 17, 2015, 03:10 AM
    Need guidance to help the child
    HI.. A girl child of 9 years in my close family have been sexually abused in school. Its been repeated few times. The girl is in pain and her parents have decided not to send her to that school.. but are not convinced to go to a doctor to get a proper medical examination.. in the name of defame for the girl.. The girl is going through mental and physical trauma.. I want to know which doctor will be best to visit.. a pediatrics or a gynecologist or both along with the counsellor.. and what medical examinations will be required for her and what is the kind of procedure to be followed.. please guide so that I can help her at best.. thanks.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 17, 2015, 03:34 AM
    The first thing that should have been done would have been to contact the police.

Please get her to a pediatrician as soon as possible.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 17, 2015, 03:57 AM
    She needs both medical and mental health counseling. The family should also be talking to the police (and/or social services)

Aug 17, 2015, 05:11 AM
    I know but her parents don't want to report it to police or even to visit the doctor.. I have to take her to doctor with or without their consent.. she is really close to me.. and I cant see her suffer like this because of the blocked mind of her parents..
    Expert

Aug 17, 2015, 05:55 AM
    If you are in the U.S. you cannot take her to the doctor unless you are her legal guardian or parent.

You can, though, call the department of children's services in your location and report this.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2015, 06:04 AM
    She's not going to call. She's going to keep posting about it over and over and over and over until the child has graduated high school.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 17, 2015, 06:04 AM
    Reporting this would be a good start but better is the THREAT of being reported may spur some positive action. Unless they pick up and run, then the threat must be acted on immediately.

Who is the perpetrator of this assault, a classmate, or teacher?
    Expert

Aug 17, 2015, 06:08 AM
    The threat may work if they are warned that if they do not get her help they are committing a crime and can have their daughter removed from their custody.
    Expert

Aug 17, 2015, 06:31 AM
    The doctors office/hospital is legally bound not to treat a minor without a parents consent unless it is a life threatening emergency.

Aug 17, 2015, 10:26 PM
    Her mother is somewhat convinced to get her checked.. she is coming this weekend and we will go together to get her checked.. without letting his father knew about this.. he is totally against this..
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2015, 06:28 AM
    Okay so the mother has to come to where the child lives on a weekend to give her help?

Why would a 9 year old be without her parents?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Guidance [ 1 Answers ]

My Gf of two and a half yrs cheated on me. I was overseas doing military thing and within month of me coming back to u.s. She had a one night stand with her friend whom I met. I found out last weekend because she had mentioned when she first saw me she almost said someone's else's name 2x once when...

Could use some guidance [ 24 Answers ]

Hello. I'm writing because I feel like I have no where else to turn. I feel like nobody believes me. I feel like there's nobody I can talk to about this. When I was a little kid I had my first "experience". My sister and I were asleep in our bedroom when something woke me up. I saw something...

In need of guidance from NY [ 1 Answers ]

I was arrested last October. I had purchased a couple of handbags online about a year prior and needed some money so I took them to a place that sells your stuff on eBay for you. They listed the bags but found that they weren't authentic and had me arrested. My charge was only a misdemeanor and I...

Child support guidance [ 2 Answers ]

I've recently gone through the whole child support process and have finally come to the end of the court proceedings. I received a judgement with a specific amount. But now I'm not sure what to do next. My questions are: Is it up to me to now go to the Child Support Enforcement Bureau to...

Guidance [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there Im having a troubled time and would appreciate some guidance on the career and romance fronts. My dob is 5 jun 74 and my initials are K P Thanks for your time.

View more questions Search