Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vätsäl Bäjäj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2015, 08:07 AM
    Unites nation
    With Russia, submitting in a bid to the United Nations, its claims over a vast extended continental shelf as far as the North Pole based on the Lomonosov Ridge which it believes to be an extension of the Siberian Continental Shelf, the diplomatic relations between Russia and its rival counterparts in the arena of the Arctic issue, are on thin ice. Seeing as Russia’s claims over an area of some 1.2 million square km of the Arctic Shelf continue to extend, it is of no surprise that these claims come with an overlapping and clash of interests with the other nations in the circle, predominantly with that of Canada and the United States of America. With the international community expressing its concerns over this more or less frozen issue, the UN Commission on the Limits of the Continental Shelf called a meeting, with Norway, Denmark, Canada, the Russian Federation and the United States of America as the participants, to discuss these subsequent claims while also attempting to curb the ensuing tensions. However, with Russia not only carrying out massive military drills in the Arctic, along the area of the Lomonosov Ridge but also calling for the sea launch of a Bulava ballistic missile in the Arctic, the talks collapse with USA walking out in a dramatic turn of events. The situation is further complicated when a non-compliant Russia blames USA for a recent set of bombings in Chechnya, North Caucasus region of Russia. The USA strongly reacts to this allegation followed by Canada’s statement of not tolerating the growing Russian aggression and threats to its sovereignty and interests in the Arctic, backed up by USA’s full support to Canada, in a statement made by its Foreign Ministry. The International Community watches in fear as a threat of an Arctic Armageddon looms over the world. Recognizing this, the United Nations Security Council convenes to immediately act upon the given situation. You shall now be representing the delegate of Norway in the aforementioned session of the UNSC, trying your level best to secure your interests in the Arctic while stating your views on the situation and providing the council with probable measures from your country’s perspective
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 16, 2015, 08:20 AM
    What is your question. Or, is this just a blog that you expect us to comment on ? I have no comment, and as a Canadian I am well aware of Russia's claims.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2015, 10:16 AM
    "You shall now be representing the delegate of Norway in the aforementioned session of the UNSC, trying your level best to secure your interests in the Arctic while stating your views on the situation and providing the council with probable measures from your country’s perspective". Is this not YOUR homework?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who is known as the father of the Nation? [ 1 Answers ]

Who is known as the father of the Nation?

R-22 type Central A/C unites [ 3 Answers ]

We had a new central A/C unit installed last summer. Now were were told yesterday that as of December no more parts will be available to service R-22 units. Can anyone tell me if this is true?

Noise level in Condo unites [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if there were any law regarding noise level in condo units. I live on the second floor and I have a typical two year old that runs around. While I let him do this during the day, I usually have him in bed by 8pm on week nights. Last night at about 7:30pm, my downstairs neighbor...

View more questions Search