Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sophie123456 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2015, 12:12 PM
    Why am I still single and unemployed what is wrong with me?
    I'm just not happy at all anymore. I'm sick of pretending to be happy when I'm so upset with my life. I feel like at one point I had everything I ever wanted a job and a boy that liked me and now I have nothing. I knew when I took the job it would only be temporary but I thought id find another job soon after. I've applied for so many jobs and got no where and all of my friends are getting jobs and I'm not. I just hate myself at the moment feels like I'm getting no where in my life. I was texting someone and going out with him and I thought he really liked me but he just stopped contacting me so he's gone now and I'm alone and unemployed. I cant help but feel jealous when I see my friends with jobs and their boyfriends. I feel like I've applied everywhere and gone for interviews and got nothing. I really put myself out there with that guy and now I'm heart broken. What am I doing wrong?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 15, 2015, 12:28 PM
    You probably aren't doing anything 'wrong' but how would we know what you do day in and day out?
    You are doing one thing most of us do that we shouldn't, and that is you put your hopes and dreams in someone to love. Maybe he left because you 'put yourself out there' too much for all we know.
    The double whammy of no job is bound to make anyone depressed.
    You don't have to pretend to be happy (except at a job interview, which is 100% acting and selling the best you have to offer, and a bit more). What you do have to do, though, is not complain around people. They KNOW and that's it. Ask them over, have a pot luck if you are broke, arrange lunches in a park, walks, anything free.
    Don't forget family.
    What are friends and family for, if not to be there when romances fail? Don't ever let romance get you to drop them!
    So now tell us - have you told prospective employers that you want to work for them more than anything in the world, or do you just sit there waiting for questions?
    Get a job and let the boyfriend wait.
    Besides, it helps to have a job in order to have a good time on a date - things to talk about, and it means you have a life, and aren't desperate to get married. Or are you?
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2015, 01:21 PM
    Hi Sophie, sounds like your self esteem and confidence are pretty low right now . Loss of employment can effect people in more ways then financially. There are a couple of things you can do on the work front that you may not have tried yet .
    1. Cold call employers with your c.v , and dress up for it. Be totally professional.
    2. Tell family and friends your looking for work , do they know anywhere Looking for staff.
    3. Join a jobs club.
    4. Totally rewrite your future, retrain , go back to college, do a course .

Next step , find out what makes you happy , what motivates you?

And finally, if you can be happy and except you and be ok with who you are, others will too.

Make a plan , write it down, set achievable goals and go for it. Make the next 3 months all about Sophie .
    If you are really finding it hard to cope talk it out with a good friend, family member or your doctor, sometimes that's all you need.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 15, 2015, 02:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by redhed35 View Post
    Hi Sophie, sounds like your self esteem and confidence are pretty low right now . Loss of employment can effect people in more ways then financially. There are a couple of things you can do on the work front that you may not have tried yet .
    1. Cold call employers with your c.v , and dress up for it. Be totally professional.
    2. Tell family and friends your looking for work , do they know anywhere Looking for staff.
    3. Join a jobs club.
    4. Totally rewrite your future, retrain , go back to college, do a course .

Next step , find out what makes you happy , what motivates you?

And finally, if you can be happy and except you and be ok with who you are, others will too.

Make a plan , write it down, set achievable goals and go for it. Make the next 3 months all about Sophie .
    If you are really finding it hard to cope talk it out with a good friend, family member or your doctor, sometimes that's all you need.
    Redhead WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?? It has been SO long. Welcome back... tick
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 15, 2015, 05:32 PM
    This the guy, https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...l#post3739437? I think you are having a tough streak for now, and you really are trying to hard with the relationship thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Still single: what am I doing wrong? [ 1 Answers ]

I am in my early 20s and am a senior in college. I've only dated once in my life and that was in high school. As the first born and growing up in a family with no greater education than 2 years in college (because my mom gave birth to me), I am dedicated to my studies. I developed a strong...

Unemployed now [ 1 Answers ]

I have been a 1099 for the passed 3 years. I am now unemployed. All of my previous jobs were W2. Can I file for unemployment from previous employment with files showing all info from my W2? The company I was working for is no longer in business. The one before that is and the reason I'm not still...

Unemployed [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, Im having a really hard time finding a job, I'm sending out my resume, I have had a few interviews, but notheing. I keep doing my resume over and over. Im giving up, I feel ill never get a decent job. Thanks, Allison

Single Member LLC filed wrong form? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm helping my husband do his taxes this year. He has a new business formed as a single member LLC in 2005. His tax preparer filed form 1065 for 2005. I understand that this should be file on Schedule C. Is that correct? If they did in fact file the wrong form for 2005, what do we have to do...

View more questions Search