Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ryrhino Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2015, 09:55 AM
    Unable to get Microsoft store and other tiles to open
    Windows 8.1 64bit is my OS.
    I recently did a system refresh.
    Since doing the system refresh I am unable to open Microsoft store. I did all the steps from this How to Fix Windows 8 Store Not Working

Here are the results of running the cmd from method 3 of the above article
    Zippyshare.com

I don't know what anything in the cmd window means.

I then went to this Troubleshooting Component Store / System Files Corruption - Microsoft Community
    this link was on the previous article. I did a sfc scan and the result was windows did not find any integrity violations. The article said that if I got that result to try step 2 or ask a professional for help. I didn't run the DISM scan. Do you think I should run it?
    On my apps screen by the Microsoft store tile the word error appears. I also have error by a lot of other titles too many tiles to list. I don't know if that information will help to solve the issue.
    When I click on the store title it blinks for a few seconds then disappears.
    On the start screen there is a white circle with a black X in the lower right corner of the tile. This circle is also on many other of the tiles.

When I clicked on the black X I got the following pop up: This app can't open. There's a problem with the apps name is here contact your system administrator about repairing or reinstalling it. How do I repair or reinstall apps?

The same issue happens when I try to open pc settings.

How do I get the tiles to open?

Thanks for your help.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 16, 2015, 01:44 PM
    Does your system allow for a complete install ? You will need to back everything up first before doing it. Then after installing again you can update until current.
    ryrhino Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2015, 01:52 PM
    Do you think running this software Tweaking.com - Windows Repair would help resolve the issues I am having?

Quote Originally Posted by cdad View Post
    Does your system allow for a complete install ? You will need to back everything up first before doing it. Then after installing again you can update until current.

I was hoping that I wouldn't have to do a complete reinstall. Maybe that is my best option?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 17, 2015, 03:45 PM
    I dont think that is going to do it but I may be wrong. I have never used that software before but you have to purchase it before it actually works.

Have you tried Microsoft FixIt ? It is a free program that can resolve most issues and it comes directly from microsoft.

Otherwise your best bet at having the system run properly may be go go back to square one and then update from there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to open a thrift store [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my husband are very intersted in opening our own resale store and are wondoring how to get started. We have already looked at some buildings and have mostly decided our location. The question I'm needing to know the answer too is what kind of permits and license will we need to get started,...

If you have 3 white tiles, 3 gray tiles, and 3 striped tiles what is the probability [ 3 Answers ]

if you have 3 white tiles, 3 gray tiles, and 3 striped tiles what is the probability of picking a gray tile and then picking a white tile?

Open a thrift store [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I am interested in opening a thrift store here in surprise but have not idea where to start. Where would I get donations from. License , etc. sharon

How to open liquer store ? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking business partner to open liquer store in south new-jersy.Who knows how to open this kind of business .

Want to open Liquor store [ 7 Answers ]

I want to know what the procedure to opening a liquor store would be. About getting the license how long it takes anything and everything... Can anyone please give me an insight on starting my own business and opening a liquor store... Thank you

View more questions Search