Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joy2theworld Posts: 72, Reputation: 2

Aug 14, 2015, 07:52 AM
    Boyfriend won't stop texting untrustworthy girl
    I don't care if my boyfriend has friends that are girls and texts them and stuff. I don't own him and he's allowed to have friends. But there's this one girl I just can't stand him talking to. After my best friend and her boyfriend broke up, this girl did stuff with him right after. And the girl and my friend were friends too. Not anymore. She also lied for months about doing stuff with the guy for months until we found out. I understand they were single but I'd never do that to a friend. Then she made out with a guy my other friend liked and they were really good friends too. Not anymore. I just found out that she made out with her best friends boy right after that boy took her best friends virginity. In the same bed. My boyfriend knows about all this stuff and he told me he stopped talking to her. He's asleep and I heard his phone go off and she texted him. It was a reply text so obviously they were talking before that. He lied to me. And one day I had to find out over an Instagram comment that they were hanging out. He didn't text me at all that day. I'm just worried he's doing this hoping something's going to happen. I'm not sure I just am really upset.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2015, 08:07 AM
    “but I'd never do that to a friend” Try as we may we cannot put our morals and good decision making on other people. It just doesn’t seem to stick.

“He's asleep and I heard his phone go off and she texted him.” Snooping were we? Nothing good comes from snooping. You must not trust him. Maybe you have reason to and maybe you don’t. I just don’t care for snooping. People who snoop don’t have a strong relationship so I guess if you throw this in his face something with the other girl may happen.

Whatever this girl has done with other people and all that timing you mentioned has absolutely nothing to do with your relationship.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 14, 2015, 08:51 AM
    If your boyfriend won't stop texting her and you don't like it, dump him. It is really that simple.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 14, 2015, 09:07 AM
    You snooped, he lied, so why is he still your boyfriend? Same guy you didn't trust last year, or a new guy you can't trust.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Aug 14, 2015, 10:27 AM
    As you said, you don't own him. You also cannot control him. By saying that he is 'allowed' to have friends, it implies you can give and take away that permission. You can't. It isn't yours to give or takeaway.

If you attempt to force him into doing what you want, then it will backfire. You seem convinced he is looking for more than friendship with this other female, but I can't help but wonder if he is only trying to be a friend. Is there proof she has done what you have accused her of doing or is most of it rumor? (Just something to think about.)

It all comes down to the only person you can control is yourself. If you believe you cannot trust him, walk away.

Aug 14, 2015, 03:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2011 View Post
    “but I'd never do that to a friend” Try as we may we cannot put our morals and good decision making on other people. It just doesn’t seem to stick.

“He's asleep and I heard his phone go off and she texted him.” Snooping were we? Nothing good comes from snooping. You must not trust him. Maybe you have reason to and maybe you don’t. I just don’t care for snooping. People who snoop don’t have a strong relationship so I guess if you throw this in his face something with the other girl may happen.

Whatever this girl has done with other people and all that timing you mentioned has absolutely nothing to do with your relationship.
    Obviosly not but considering her past I'm worried she's going to repeat it and with my boyfriend. Also he lets me on his phone whenever so I was not snooping.

Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    If your boyfriend won't stop texting her and you don't like it, dump him. It is really that simple.
    Not when I've been dating him for over a year
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 14, 2015, 04:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joy2theworld View Post

Doesn't matter if he is lying and chatting with this girl. You either put up with it or not. Is the same guy you were having problems with before?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 14, 2015, 08:31 PM
    You contradict yourself so much. You say, he can have friends, he's allowed (sounds like ownership if you think you can allow, or not allow). But it seems it can only be friends you approve of. If it is someone you do not approve of, then he can not be friends with them.

Sorry it is that simple, if one year, two year or three year. The longer you wait, the more excuses. You want a boy you can control, to do what you want, how you want it, (it appears)

The lying is bad, but of course, it may depend on how you "asked" I doubt it was a quiet and nice conversation,

You either trust the boyfriend or you do not trust him. Trusting or not trusting the girl means nothing. You either trust the boy, and let him have friends, or you dump him.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Aug 15, 2015, 06:23 AM
    I would feel uncomfortable with a boyfriend who has such a friend as this girl. It is not appropriate for her to text him, reply or not. It is very disrespectful to you.

I would also feel uncomfortable with a boyfriend who texts another woman, in the middle of the night. That too, is very disrespectful to you. It is also very hurtful for him to be arranging to meet with her, per the instagram.

It doesn't matter that you have all sorts of 'proof' to back up what this other girl is like. You cannot judge another person as rotten, no matter how rotten, or how much you have on her. It is also very rude of you, to engage in gossip about her with your other friends, behind her back.

If your husband had a male friend, who you know to be a lying cheater, and your husband hung out with him, going to clubs, and partying on his days off in a hotel room with a bunch of willing females, I would question HIM above all others. You may blame his male friend, but it is him, and only him, that can put you and your feelings first, and end the friendship.

Judge him, and not anyone else. Do you trust him less, does he lie to you, is he unreliable? Are your needs put above all others as far as his time, commitment, and love?

It's really pretty simple when you boil it all down, and see the boyfriend, nothing else. And judge the boyfriend in more ways than who you happen to catch him texting/receiving texts from. Stop the gossiping, which is really in your case, stabbing another woman in the back, and that is never honourable.

You will never be able to have enough 'facts' the way you are going about things. Save yourself a lot of trouble, and take a good long look at your relationship, ALL of your relationship, and see if there are just too many things about this man, that you are unwilling, or unable to fix, or work out.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Aug 15, 2015, 08:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joy2theworld View Post
    Obviosly not but considering her past I'm worried she's going to repeat it and with my boyfriend. Also he lets me on his phone whenever so I was not snooping.

Why do you keep getting back with him after break ups if you don't trust him? (Yes, your past threads are very enlightening. Such as: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...nd-805491.html )

Forget about her past. Focus on your past with your boyfriend. I know you are young (16/just-turned-17 years of age) and learning about what you want in a relationship and working with another person to build a healthy one. However, it appears to me that you need to learn how to not hold on to a relationship that has no trust.

If this were the first time you didn't trust him and you actually had been dating for a year or more with no break ups, then I might say talk to him and find from him why he is in contact with her. See if you can find a compromise. But this isn't and you haven't been. So I suggest letting go and walking away.

Sep 29, 2015, 04:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake2008 View Post
    I would feel uncomfortable with a boyfriend who has such a friend as this girl. It is not appropriate for her to text him, reply or not. It is very disrespectful to you.

I would also feel uncomfortable with a boyfriend who texts another woman, in the middle of the night. That too, is very disrespectful to you. It is also very hurtful for him to be arranging to meet with her, per the instagram.

It doesn't matter that you have all sorts of 'proof' to back up what this other girl is like. You cannot judge another person as rotten, no matter how rotten, or how much you have on her. It is also very rude of you, to engage in gossip about her with your other friends, behind her back.

If your husband had a male friend, who you know to be a lying cheater, and your husband hung out with him, going to clubs, and partying on his days off in a hotel room with a bunch of willing females, I would question HIM above all others. You may blame his male friend, but it is him, and only him, that can put you and your feelings first, and end the friendship.

Judge him, and not anyone else. Do you trust him less, does he lie to you, is he unreliable? Are your needs put above all others as far as his time, commitment, and love?

It's really pretty simple when you boil it all down, and see the boyfriend, nothing else. And judge the boyfriend in more ways than who you happen to catch him texting/receiving texts from. Stop the gossiping, which is really in your case, stabbing another woman in the back, and that is never honourable.

You will never be able to have enough 'facts' the way you are going about things. Save yourself a lot of trouble, and take a good long look at your relationship, ALL of your relationship, and see if there are just too many things about this man, that you are unwilling, or unable to fix, or work out.
    This is very old but I just want to say it was not rude of me to gossip. I straight up texted her and told her I wasn't going to be her friend anymore because of the things she did (which she didn't deny) and because I wasn't going to give her the chance to do it to me. And she's still been up to the same thing. She has recently lost a few more friends because Of what she does. But as for me and my boyfriend, we are good! I didn't tell him to stop texting her, he stopped all on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    Why do you keep getting back with him after break ups if you don't trust him? (Yes, your past threads are very enlightening. Such as: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...nd-805491.html )

Forget about her past. Focus on your past with your boyfriend. I know you are young (16/just-turned-17 years of age) and learning about what you want in a relationship and working with another person to build a healthy one. However, it appears to me that you need to learn how to not hold on to a relationship that has no trust.

If this were the first time you didn't trust him and you actually had been dating for a year or more with no break ups, then I might say talk to him and find from him why he is in contact with her. See if you can find a compromise. But this isn't and you haven't been. So I suggest letting go and walking away.
    The last time we broke up was November so our "technical year" is in like 1-2 months anyway

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

One of my bfs friends that is a girl won't stop texting him and says she's his best friends [ 5 Answers ]

I have been dating my boyfriend for two months and one of his friends that is a girl (he has a few that are) won't stop texting him when we are together. I have asked him to tell her to back off the texting when we are together and he did and she gave him a gilt trip saying that they are best...

Boyfriend texting a girl [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend texts this one girl every so often and from what I've seen she's the one he would talk to about us if we have had a tiny argument (never had a huge fight) but she would be the one he vents too! I know guys may have a friend that's a girl that they talk to to get a girls perspective or...

Boyfriend texting another girl? [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been seeing each other for 6 months. He has a female friend from before me. She lives far away. He says they are just friends. They slept together once but says he regrets it as he is not attracted to her. He stopped all contact 3 months after we were together. We went away...

She won't stop texting my boyfriend [ 9 Answers ]

Sorry this is a long one. I have been with my boyfriend for 2 years. He had a friend sarah,she sounded nice so I never worried about it, then she was texting all the time any excuse for him to go there. He would visit her once a week and watch a film with her, I was fine with it until one day he...

View more questions Search