Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jammy23 Posts: 545, Reputation: 0

Aug 13, 2015, 07:00 AM
    Flip phone/cuts off
    My battery was fully charged yet when I call someone the phone after about
    Two or three minutes just cuts off.

My friend had another battery but it said low battery. I put it in anyway and
    Chagred it but it never took the charge. My phone is an old fashioned flip
    Phone pay as you go... I hardly use the phone but need to know it's
    There for emergencies.

Any suggestions as to what is wrong with it. Does it involve a Sim card?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Aug 13, 2015, 09:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jammy23
    My battery was fully charged yet when I call someone the phone after about
    Two or three minutes just cuts off.
    Do you mean the battery has died after just 2 or 3 minutes of air time? If so, it's likely just a bad battery. I had a similar issue with my old Motorola Razr (yes, I still have one of those!) - I was having to charge it every day and it would go from fully charged to dead in just a few minutes of usage. So I bought a replacement battery, but found it didn't fix the problem. However, since the phone model is so old so are the replacement batteries for them, so I figured maybe the "new" battery wasn't really so new. I decided to try my luck with a 2nd new battery, and this time it worked - now my phone can hold a charge for days with no issues. So I suggest try buying a new battery and see if it holds a charge.

Aug 18, 2015, 03:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ebaines View Post
    Do you mean the battery has died after just 2 or 3 minutes of air time? If so, it's likely just a bad battery. I had a similar issue with my old Motorola Razr (yes, I still have one of those!) - I was having to charge it every day and it would go from fully charged to dead in just a few minutes of usage. So I bought a replacement battery, but found it didn't fix the problem. However, since the phone model is so old so are the replacement batteries for them, so I figured maybe the "new" battery wasn't really so new. I decided to try my luck with a 2nd new battery, and this time it worked - now my phone can hold a charge for days with no issues. So I suggest try buying a new battery and see if it holds a charge.
    Thank you for getting back to me. I will find a Verizon store and see
    If I can purchase a battery. I'm sure I can.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Aug 19, 2015, 05:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jammy23 View Post
    Thank you for getting back to me. I will find a Verizon store and see
    If I can purchase a battery. I'm sure I can.
    I bought mine on line -look at the battery for a code, which may be something like "BR50," and then do a search on line. You'll probably find lots of sellers on Amazon and EBay.

Aug 19, 2015, 12:02 PM
    I bought mine on line -look at the battery for a code, which may be something like "BR50," and then do a search on line. You'll probably find lots of sellers on Amazon and EBay.
    Wow... thanks... I have shopped through Amazon with a lot of success.

Wow... thanks... I have shopped through Amazon with a lot of success.

Sep 24, 2015, 10:18 AM
    They don't make these batteries anymore but I did order the old battery and Amazon found it in a place where it took over a month to get,
    And now I got it and it's still cutting off.

I don't want to buy a plan (this is a go phone) because I only have it for
    Emergencies.. guess I'll have to buy another one. Thank you for your response though

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Flip phone to Iphone? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old standard flip phone. I also found an Iphone and wondered if I could put my sim card in and use it? I assume I would also have to update my plan to a data plan and buy a charging cord in order to use the iPhone? Thanks

Land phone repairwhat to do when the phone line from phone needs a new plg [ 2 Answers ]

Why isn't my modular plug working from my phone

Sony screen cuts off after it cuts on [ 1 Answers ]

I have a sony PC and the screen will come on and after a second or two it will cut off I can turn it off and back on and it will come on and cut back off I tried hooking it to another PC but it does the same thing I even changed cords

1992 civic cuts out while driving and starts after a little while then cuts out [ 14 Answers ]

I have a 1992 civic and recently it just started cutting out while driving. The first day I was ready to get onto the freeway and it just cut out. It started again after a while and was okay getting home. It ran a little rough but made it home. The next day it was fine on the way to work but coming...

View more questions Search