Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FearIsGenetic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2015, 09:17 PM
    I HATE it when I can't remember a movie title! HELP!
    Ok first of all Hi I am new here and the only reason I decided to join is because for the love of anything awesome I cannot remember this one movie title. I have been trying to remember it for the past week or so, looking up key words or things I can remember and I cannot find it. To be honest it is pissing me off and I want to rip my eyeballs out.

So here is the information that I know:

The movie was either horror, thriller or psychological... maybe a psychological horror?
    It was set in modern times, and I think scientists/researchers dug a hole into the earth and dug into a chamber. The hole/chamber was emitting (what they thought) was sounds, and they thought that they released hell (or something like that) but in reality it released a some sort of gas that made people hallucinate. So this one guy goes to check it out and he gets stuck there with some girl. He starts having hallucinations, seeing the devil/demon and he starts not being able to trust this woman (basically losing his mind). At the end of the movie when they get back to the city and society, he is in a hospital and he still is seeing hallucinations (or he went insane?) and he (I think) ends up killing the woman, and in the end he was... well.. insane... yeah.

That is all I can remember, the reason I want to remember is because I want to watch it again and show it to some friends because they say it sounds cool. So I appreciate all your help. Thanks in advance. Till next time!

P.S: I have no other information than the general plot as I do not research my movies (look up cast/directors etc). It MIGHT have been based in the USA... but I am NOT sure.
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Aug 14, 2015, 08:45 AM
    Okay - so not a total match to your description, but try this:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_La...ter_(2006_film)

....American oil company KIC Corporation is building an ice road to explore the remote Northern Artic seeking energy independence. Independent environmentalists work together in a drilling base headed by the tough Ed Pollack (Ron Perlman) When one insane team member is found dead naked on the snow, the environmentalist James Hoffman (James Le Gros) suspects that sour gases may have been accidentally released in the spot provoking hallucinations and insanity in the group. After a second fatal incident, he convinces Ed to travel with the team to a hospital for examination. However, weird events happen trapping the group in the base....
    MystMoonstruck Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Aug 24, 2015, 10:59 PM
    Nine Miles Down (2009)
    From IMDb review:
    GNE security agent Thomas 'Jack' Jackman (Adrian Paul) travels to the Jebel Afra drilling station in a remote area of the Sahara desert to seek out 25 scientists from the research team of Professor Borman (Anthony Waller) who are missing and without any contact with the base. Jack finds the station deserted and weird marks painted with blood on the wall.

On the next morning, Jack meets Dr. Jennie J.C. Christianson (Kate Nauta) alone in the base, and she explains that the research team had drilled very deep and released something. After that, they have been affected and started killing each other; she shows the bodies of Professor Borman and another scientist in the refrigerating chamber. J.C. wants to leave the place, but Jack contacts the operator, and she tells him that they should wait for the police. Further, they had met a Russian scientist wandering with sample of gas.

Jack, who misses his wife who had committed suicide and killed their two children, continues to investigate the station and finds videotapes from Dr. Borman advising that his team had released evil from the depths of hell. Jack has visions and daydreams and believes that J.C. is actually a succubus who wants to seduce him to leave the location. What is the mystery in that remote station?

Nine Miles Down (2009) - IMDb

IMDb Trivia:
    The script is based on the widespread urban myth (started in the early '90s) surrounding the claim that Russian scientists in Siberia had drilled so deep that they had broken through into 'hell' and recorded the 'screams of the damned' emanating from the borehole. This claim turned out to be a hoax spread by a Scandinavian prankster who wanted to demonstrate human gullibility. However, by the time he owned up to the prank, the myth had fueled such a following, that his retraction was interpreted as an attempt to cover up 'the truth'.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cannot remember the movie title, or the actors in it, but I remember the storyline? [ 0 Answers ]

So this movie is set in late 90s early 2000 era Boy and girl grow up next to each other, he's in love with her but never tells her, he goes off to culinary school at the CIA and later works as a server for a catering company He freaks out while serving at the girl's engagement party She ends up...

Can't remember movie Title! Children's Animated movie [ 2 Answers ]

All I can remember from this movie is that it was animated and there was a blimp and a parade and something evil sort of like a mysterious cloud I want to say was after the girl (main character) it's not Kiki's Delivery Service (cause that has a blimp 2) but I just can't remember!! Please Help! I'm...

I remember this old black and white movie but can't remember its title [ 1 Answers ]

I remember watching this old black and white movie as a child (over 40 years ago). Every time the father would get angry, he kicks out the families TV set.. His family would all cry and his wife would make him sleep on the sofa downstairs. I remember this happening several times in the movie.....

I can't remember the movie title but I remember a few scenes please help! [ 3 Answers ]

I can't remember the movie title but I remember a few scene I watched a movie about 11 years ago and I remember a guy had a rock climbing or moutain climbing accident or something I don't know but another guy finds him and saves his life even though he is messed up.. and the guy that saves him is a...

I can't remember the title of a movie anymore, but I remember the storyboard [ 7 Answers ]

The movie begins with a man (the acter is Will Smith) and his son. He is a normal guy with his own problems but suddenly he gets fired and loses his own home and doesn't know how to survive. But later he is getting back in the normal lifestyle and eventually starts his own company, then he sels it...

View more questions Search