Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cupcakes12345 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2015, 08:35 PM
    How do I convince my parents to not switch schools?
    My parents decided that we should move... And change my school. And even if I convince them to let me stay in my old school, because I have really nice friends there and I also know almost everything about that school. I cant just let it go to waste... :( I love my friends... And my grades are improving than ever! I just don't get it ._. And they respon to me angrily >_< what should I do?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 12, 2015, 09:10 PM
    Why are your parents moving?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2015, 09:16 PM
    Get used to it... this is life. You have to do things you don't like all the time. Who is going to drive you back and forth... who is going to pay the costs because if you move their taxes are going to be paid to another school district... and also... most times... its not a choice anyone can make... if you don't live in that district, you can't attend that school.

What do you do....you go and make new friends....you don't get to make a choice...it is what it is. Like it or not..you have to make the most of it..
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 12, 2015, 11:07 PM
    It will not go to waste, you will stay in contact with old friends (ones who are really friends) chat, call on phone. See each other at times.

In the new school, (it should not be issue with grades, if you study) perhaps your grades will be even better. You meet new friends, and learn the new school.

Kids change schools all the time, my boys had to change schools (new cities) every two or three years. It is life.

I am assuming, they are getting better house, or buying a house, different jobs, or moving closer to work. Perhaps getting you in a better school district.

This is, as the other person said, life, you really have no say in this, it is your parents choice.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Aug 13, 2015, 05:58 AM
    Many school districts won't allow you to attend a school if you don't live in the surrounding area. You will make new friends. Hopefully you will move prior to the beginning of the school year. Cheer up and let us know how you are doing when you get to your new school.
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Aug 13, 2015, 06:59 AM
    I feel your pain. Had the same thing happen at the end of my 8th grade. Not easy but you can beat it. One thing for sure you will always remember that day forever. Looking back and thinking what would have happened had we stayed there. Life is full of surprises and you can handle it, I did. Many, many trips to the old homestead when I was able to drive.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 13, 2015, 07:10 AM
    An old song, yes I'm dating myself...

Make new friends but keep the old. One is silver and the other is gold."

Meaning, embrace change, but keep yourself open to new friends and opportunities.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get my parents to let me switch schools? [ 5 Answers ]

Im 11 uears old and about to go into middle school. Well, not exactly. My parents enrolled me in a charter school when I was in 4th grade because my elementary school didn't have the brightest teatchers. And this charter school goes all the way up until high school. I really want to go to a normal...

How do I convince my parents to let me switch schools? [ 6 Answers ]

The reason I want to switch is I go to a only boys schools and some are really gay but its too embarrassing to say that and it's a very igh class and it was just luck that got me in there and amost everyone bullies me. Plus I just don't fit in the school. I have this great school in mind and I have...

How to convince parents to move schools? [ 15 Answers ]

I go to Catholic high school and I'm really unhappy there. Even though I have "friends", I feel so excluded and ignored all the time and I hang out by myself in the toilets and library almost every lunch. I've had this problem for more than a year where I break down and cry and resort to self-harm...

View more questions Search